Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Asking in here as it has a greater following. Has anyone setup idrive7 to use a Sky email account? It's through the connecteddrive website but I've tried all of the Sky settings however the outgoing server name seems to give issues and it fails to connect..

·
Registered
23 Posts
Does your Sky email use 2 factor authentication? My Gmail does and I had to set up an app specific password to allow connected drive to access it without the 2 factor.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, yes also tried that with no success either, it seems it's the outgoing server settings that's giving the issue..

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Finally got it to work by using pop3s in the connected drive email settings, the Sky email server setting for pop3 and a password generated for use with an app from Sky..

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think you need to have the connected package professional. Not sure if that's an option with one of the packs or comes with the m235i car. Not sure about it but if the ability is there to add an email account where I've stated then it hopefully will work..

·
Registered
23 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I forgot to look when I was in the car earlier to setup driver profiles. I've looked again and idrive 7 doesn't appear to be able to use email within the car.
After all that faff 🤨

·
Registered
2022 F40 118i High Executive M-Sport | Skyscraper Grey | Mocha | 19" 552M | Harman Kardon | Spoiler
50 Posts
This doesn't work. I also have Connected Package Professional, but I don't have an e-mail / office option in my car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts