Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Recently picked up a nice 123d for the wife and the only issue was the professional head unit display was a mess, so I got a replacement one second hand, however once fitted I can't pair phone or even see the menu.

I've done a VIN decode and it came with the following options:
S644 Preparation F Mobile Phone W Bluetooth
S663 Radio BMW Professional

The new head unit has the phone button so thought it would work, don't all professional head units work with Bluetooth?

Any ideas?

Cheers

Daniel

·
Registered
16 Posts
It all depends on what setup you have And which model. Some came out prepped but without a Bluetooth unit. It sits in the boot under the carpet towards the front of the boot. A silver box mounted to the floor On the right hand side. There are quite a few posts in this regard on the forum. Also had issues with my 120d and ended up replacing the control unit from a scrap yard

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers for the response, looks like it was the head unit not the module.

After searching for more info, I found out you can just swap the face plates (didn't really want to swap the displays with all that entailed).

So following a youtube vid, I broke down the 2 head units and swapped over the faceplates, now the original is back in the car and all working as expected.

Strange why the new unit has a phone button when it doesn't have that capability, but happy that the wife won't moan anymore (least about this 😁).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts