Follow me home lights
Climate dont turn on in auto mode
Digital speedo
Headlight washer disable
Fuel tank warning increase/decrease
Instrument cluster light always on
Sms management from head unit
Gong when key left in igniton

Wibbles is the man to speak to, but he's a very busy man and definitely doesn't owe anyone any favours! :lol2:

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Because it pops out around a quarter tank, which is still around 12-13 litres of fuel. That gives you a real range of approx. 200 km.
It would be better if it would pop out with 6 litres of fuel in the tank and a real range about 100 km.

· Registered
427 Posts
I did a check with carly and you can bring it down to 6.5 litres, althoough I'm not sure how you would do this NCS etc.

I have the Dcan cable but to be honest it frys my brain thinking about it all !!

Carly does it for you !!

· Registered
2,815 Posts
I did it using the carly app because it's really annoying.

Took all of about 30 seconds. Much better now!

· Registered
427 Posts
Kimitech said:
Would be great to have a "how to" in NCS.
Not everybody has a Carly, those who already have got a cable would seriously appreciate it.
Trouble is the brief flirtation I had with it and it wasn't Vagcom so sulked off to carly.

Add in carly let's me do it wirelessly with minimal hassle and it was never gonna take off.

But yeah a guide would awesome as I'm not a complete retard the digital age car systems.

· Registered
139 Posts
Something else I read/heard...

IN the manual it says something like, fill up when you hit reserve otherwise damage may occur or something like that.
Now I've run cars well into the red, but someone said/read that on some fuel pumps, they are cooled by the gas in the tank.
so if you run it too low, there is a danger of the fuel pump failing prematurely.
Not sure how true that is
I'm hoping somone can advise

Blackbmw120d said:
Why would you want to decrease it. Last thing you want to do is run out of go go juice.

· Registered
139 Posts
ahh here we go

The gasoline acts like a coolant for the electric fuel-pump motor, so when you run very low, this allows the pump to suck in air, which creates heat and can cause the fuel pump to wear prematurely and potentially fail. The repair could end up costing a couple hundred dollars to fix-much more than the $4.00/gallon fill up.

source: consumer reports

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.