Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was driving my car for the first time in about 3 months and after about 2 hours of driving it decided to cut out on me. Car would turn over fine but not start, like it had no fuel. After being recovered home I plugged in ISTA and got the error codes:

4321 - Delivery control valve, activation
4351 - Rail-pressure control valve, activation
41A2 - Charge-air pressure actuator, activation
449A - Charge-air pressure actuator

First two seem to be related to the rail pressure control valve on the back of the high pressure rail and a fuel quantity control valve on the hpfp. The last 2 codes are related to the turbo actuator.

I've had the turbo actuator off the car, all seems to be moving freely. It's a sealed unit so can't look at the electronics unfortunately.

Some some simple checks like fuses and DDE relay.

Anyone have any ideas on what the problem could be? Don't want to start firing the parts cannon especially since the turbo actuator is £100-£150 second hand

Not the best time to happen when I was planning to take the car on a 2000 mile road trip around Scotland and the NC500 on Thursday

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Apologies for the self bump, but for anyone in the future that comes across these codes and need some help, the issue was with the turbo actuator.

The turbo actuator is on the same circuit as the rail pressure regulator and the volume control valve. This blew a 20A fuse which wiped out communication between the vital high pressure fuel components and the car. The fuse was fairly hidden inside a separate fuse carrier in the tub that houses the DDE module.

A question to turbo experts. Are these M47 electronic turbo actuators prone to fail?

I have a seemly more uncommon mitsubishi turbo so it's a little harder to find a decent used actuator unit. If they are prone to fail, then i think I will just fork out the cash and pick up a new genuine unit for £200.

Here's a nice picture of the offending electronics

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts