Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

So I want to replace my front brake hoses as noted as deteriorated on my MOT.

However there appears to be a few lengths available. I also can't find them on RealOEM either to confirm what size.

Anyone got suggestions?

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Depending on the car usage and where they have actually deteriorated, it may be worth considering braided lines, they may even be more cost effective..

Some brands to look at from the top of my head: Hle, GoodRidge, Evolution Racewerks

Failing that, is this the diagram and parts you need? -> RealOEM.com - Online BMW Parts Catalog
I did consider braided lines. However a standard hose is about £10/corner. A set of 4 braided (seems to only be full kits) is £120-150+. Which for me is not worth it at the moment.

That is indeed the part no, thank you. However there are still various lengths available and realoem doesn't state what it is! I might need to speak with Cotswold.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I did consider braided lines. However a standard hose is about £10/corner. A set of 4 braided (seems to only be full kits) is £120-150+. Which for me is not worth it at the moment.

That is indeed the part no, thank you. However there are still various lengths available and realoem doesn't state what it is! I might need to speak with Cotswold.
You could try HEL.
They are local to me and made mine while I waited so you could ask if they can just do the one.

Reactions: bearded_ed

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
If you fit braided, you will need to inform your insurance company of the modification, unless already modded.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Have you managed to find the part numbers for them yet ? It’s under the brakes section right at the bottom it shows the part numbers for all 6 of mine but mines a 135i so has the big brakes and don’t know it they are the same numbers

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have you managed to find the part numbers for them yet ? It’s under the brakes section right at the bottom it shows the part numbers for all 6 of mine but mines a 135i so has the big brakes and don’t know it they are the same numbers
Yeah I found the PN thank you but it doesn't state lengths etc and for some reason a few different lengths seem to come up, when searching for a replacement.
The PN is apparently the same for both our cars.

You could try HEL.
They are local to me and made mine while I waited so you could ask if they can just do the one.
I'd definitely do a pair, they have a listing for a E82 123D but not my specific car. So I will contact them and see what they suggest.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts