Baby BMW Forum banner
301 - 320 of 341 Posts

·
Registered
11,794 Posts
SamM140 said:
@ Twenny, yes an alcantara hand brake and gaiter are on the cards.

That bit you've highlighted is just part of the accelerator that sits behind the pedal. In that image it looks like it's part of the actual pedal.
Ahhhh ok fair play

·
Registered
11,794 Posts
Melliebobs said:
Hi guys, site was recommended via a Facebook group, new to owning a bmw, thought where better to come to learn all about her. Here is My new babybmw
Hello and welcome.

Montego blue is a beautiful colour. But in sunshine it's amazing and on another level.

Welcome to the best 1 & 2 series forum on the net.

Just post a question and it's normally answered within a few hours. Not many forums for any make of car are this active and friendly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently bought a BNW 116i with the 1.6l n43 engine, when I bought it, it had a cylinder 3 misfire which has since been fixed, I am now having extreme loss of power, and it is throughing codes galore. Using carly i am getting:

2E85: electric coolant pump communication
2DED: power management closed circuit protection
30C1: engine oil pressure control static
2A98: crankshaft - intake camshaft reference
30EA: denox catalyst
2F11: cooler jalouise top
2A26: catalyst, conversion in shaft operation

If anybody could offer some light that would be amazing.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Taking recent advantage of the recent sky high resale values of cars, sold my G20 320D for 2k more than I paid 18 months previous :shock: and bought my brothers E82 with the equity from the settlement.
Don't drive the cars much as have a work van so its perfect, obviously a huge downgrade but being £350 a month better off makes it worth it and tbh the e82 is great car to drive

2011 120D E82, 81k miles, done the timing chain ( it was slack) Auto oil change

now just going to keep the oil changed 6-7k and she should last ages

The G20:

The E82:

·
Registered
13 Posts
1addicts cross-post:
Yet another 1300 mile quick-turnaround trip to the PNW, 650 up Friday and 650 back Sunday. Whatever miles I lamented I didn't drive in the 128i in 2020 I've made up for in 2021. The Navara will be getting winter duty for the trip soon; I had multiple frost warnings on the way back.

It's just such a damn good car.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Eddieapp1982 said:
Very nice car pal! What angel eyes did you install?

Ed
[/quote]

Hi Ed, i really can't remember, but they probably a Chinese generic brand, all I wanted when I bought them was a set whiteout a external electronic box.

Link to picture tread of my car, maybe I wrote it there somewhere.

Berg.

Sent from a place on Earth

·
Registered
76 Posts
Just collected mine today having had loads of bits done; full service, coil packs, new springs and dampers, replaced water pump, rocker cover gasket, valve clearance/vanos adaptation (not sure of the terminology here!). Just needs a real good detail now. Will have to get some pics up on here or PH.

If jiggaman is reading the car is still going very strong and is getting lots of love. Ticked over 113k on the way home.

·
Registered
4,361 Posts
WhisperingWasp said:
Just collected mine today having had loads of bits done; full service, coil packs, new springs and dampers, replaced water pump, rocker cover gasket, valve clearance/vanos adaptation (not sure of the terminology here!). Just needs a real good detail now. Will have to get some pics up on here or PH.

If jiggaman is reading the car is still going very strong and is getting lots of love. Ticked over 113k on the way home.
Sounds like a big bill!

·
Registered
76 Posts
SamM140 said:
WhisperingWasp said:

Sounds like a big bill!
Fairly chunky but luckily I only really have to pay for parts as I get the work done privately at my mate's garage. Half the above was more nice-to-do than necessary but whilst it was in I thought why not! They're worth spending the money on I think.

301 - 320 of 341 Posts