Baby BMW Forum banner
281 - 300 of 341 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Hey, I just bought my E82 last week. 118D ES. Any mods you guys reccomend? Already done LED plate lights, smoked side repeaters (this picture was taken before) ,got the black bmw centre caps for the rims and i've even added the pointless armrest for some extra storage (although that has a gap on the back panel on the bottom which I can't manage to get rid of no matter how much pushing or adjusting?). (apologies for such a huge picture idk what happened)

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
pem10 said:
Clean looking car Sam. :thumbs:

I just crop the photo before uploading as you don't need half the background.
cheers, REALLY enjoying it! So many horror stories online but I wanted the diesel for the consumption so made sure I found a well maintained one and Benny as im nicknaming him only has 75k miles and had a serivice every year or 10k whichever came first. Whoever owned this car previously (bought it from a garage so no idea) thankyou, thankyou so, so much because its the best car i've owned so far.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,608 Posts
SamPFX said:
Hey, I just bought my E82 last week. 118D ES. Any mods you guys reccomend?
Noice! I'd go for some nice, good value OE retrofits like the armrest you've already done - cruise control, MFSW, pro head unit and tweeters if you don't have them. Great bang for your buck upgrades and lift the car nicely.

Make sure you code out voltage monitoring on anything you replace with LEDs - they'll strobe periodically if you don't, particularly important on indicators as you might send someone the wrong signal (no pun intended) :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Nyxeris said:
SamPFX said:
Hey, I just bought my E82 last week. 118D ES. Any mods you guys reccomend?
Noice! I'd go for some nice, good value OE retrofits like the armrest you've already done - cruise control, MFSW, pro head unit and tweeters if you don't have them. Great bang for your buck upgrades and lift the car nicely.

Make sure you code out voltage monitoring on anything you replace with LEDs - they'll strobe periodically if you don't, particularly important on indicators as you might send someone the wrong signal (no pun intended) :)
I was super happy with the armrest and have been pleasantly suprised by how easy this stuff is to do. I justify buying them as increasing the cars value which isn't wrong. With cruise control and coding the lights how would you reccomend doing that? Can they be done through the typical OBD phone app stuff or someone more proffesional?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
765 Posts
SamPFX said:
With cruise control and coding the lights how would you reccomend doing that? Can they be done through the typical OBD phone app stuff or someone more proffesional?
I'd have a search through some posts on here - plenty of people have retrofitted all sorts of stuff and are only too happy to share their experiences.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,608 Posts
SamPFX said:
With cruise control and coding the lights how would you reccomend doing that? Can they be done through the typical OBD phone app stuff or someone more proffesional?
I hope your armrest doesn't develop a squeak like mine has, had it apart about 3 times now :lol:

You'll want BMW's own software NCSExpert for the cruise control - download , and grab a K+DCAN cable from Amazon/Ebay. The Bimmercode app will sort the voltage monitoring, works with all sorts of dongles as well as the cable above (phone dependent).

As M_S said there are loads of retrofit threads out there for basically any option you can think of. This one is very complete for cruise, just read the whole thing before starting as there are important tidbits later on.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
SamPFX said:
Hey, I just bought my E82 last week. 118D ES. Any mods you guys reccomend? Already done LED plate lights, smoked side repeaters (this picture was taken before) ,got the black bmw centre caps for the rims and i've even added the pointless armrest for some extra storage (although that has a gap on the back panel on the bottom which I can't manage to get rid of no matter how much pushing or adjusting?). (apologies for such a huge picture idk what happened)

Nice car mate. Love these in black. Mine is Sedona red and its ok but in black they look so nice 👌 😍
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,794 Posts
michi said:
Twenny said:
Looking very good Sam.

Guessing hand brake gator and handle next?

Can I ask where you got it from? I would of liked that on my old 125.

What are you referring to Twenny ?
Hello Michi.

That silver edge around the go pedal. Like an extension making it bigger.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,361 Posts
@ Twenny, yes an alcantara hand brake and gaiter are on the cards.

That bit you've highlighted is just part of the accelerator that sits behind the pedal. In that image it looks like it's part of the actual pedal.
 
281 - 300 of 341 Posts
Top