Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my car in for an MOT yesterday and they said that both rear CV boots are on their way out. BMW dont sell the CV boots and will only sell the whole driveshaft at about 拢800 a side 馃槵

On Autodoc they sell them for about 拢120 each....

Anyone had any experience with the pattern one's? Is there any particular reason the BMW ones are so expensive?

Thanks

Registered
Took my car in for an MOT yesterday and they said that both rear CV boots are on their way out. BMW dont sell the CV boots and will only sell the whole driveshaft at about 拢800 a side 馃槵

On Autodoc they sell them for about 拢120 each....

Anyone had any experience with the pattern one's? Is there any particular reason the BMW ones are so expensive?

Thanks
[
I just did a search on RealOem, and found one boot you can buy separately, not knowing which boots you are after, boots are sacrificial and I would be surprised if you had to buy the drive shaft too. But I may be wrong.

RealOEM.com - Online BMW Parts Catalog

Reactions: pje16

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just did a search on RealOem, and found one boot you can buy separately, not knowing which boots you are after, boots are sacrificial and I would be surprised if you had to buy the drive shaft too. But I may be wrong.

RealOEM.com - Online BMW Parts Catalog

on realoem they call it an output shaft

I've actually just found two second hand ones on ebay in excellent condition for 拢25 each so have bought them instead.(y)

Registered
on realoem they call it an output shaft

I've actually just found two second hand ones on ebay in excellent condition for 拢25 each so have bought them instead.(y)
I preume you are doing the work yourself Kite? Unless money is very tight at the moment, I would fit new so your not paying labour charges 2 years down the road. Just a thought!

Reactions: Octavius

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No unfortunately not Simon, i usually like getting my hands dirty and doing my own repair work if its within my capability but the place I currently live is a nightmare to do any diy on the car

Registered
No unfortunately not Simon, i usually like getting my hands dirty and doing my own repair work if its within my capability but the place I currently live is a nightmare to do any diy on the car
TBH Kite, I would not be touching drive shafts either!

Registered
I'd be wanting to know if these could have been damaged due to the fact your rear hubs will have been flopping about all over the place as they weren't connected to the rest of the car properly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts