Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

2009 e81 116d drivers door window

I've had the window regulator changed recently and since it's been done, the window will just stop working. It doesn't drop when the door is opened, and also the switch for the drivers side won't operate it.

The funny thing is, the window will sometimes work fine.

The passenger side is fine.

Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated as I'm scared then one day I will close my door when the window hasn't dropped and it will cause more damage then good.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Have you tried the window reset procedure?
How healthy is your cars battery? When mine was on its last legs the windows stopped dropping on car door opening when car hadnt been driven a few day, but would start working again after driving a few miles. Car disables some electrical items when battery in poor charge state. The common ones are stop/start not working, rear demister not working and low battery warning if listening to stereo with engine off.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Battery is fine, stop start works, although I turn it off to put less strain on the engine.

Done the window reset didn't change anything.

I've ordered a new switch to see if that does anything. If not I'll try the motor I guess, wondering if it might be shorting out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts