• Too early to say

Votes: 11 23.4%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2016 M240i
5,362 Posts
Yes, it’s fine.

I liked the old one, but it’s gone so no point worrying now.

This has some nice features so far though, and better emojis. :love::alien::devilish::geek::sick:

·
Registered
506 Posts
I am OK with parts of it which are growing on me. It's not as easy on the eye as the old style. I'll live with it, use it to my dvantage and help others where I can. That's enough for me.

·
Registered
2016 M240i
5,362 Posts
It’s not as easy to navigate the forum.
I don’t like it very much at all.
I only ever clicked Quick Links > Unread, and now I just click the “New” bubble top right. So other than layout, it’s not much different for me. :unsure:

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
It takes a little time to adjust, but setup "My Followed Forums" and it's easy to follow content. The New bubble makes it easy to see new posts across the whole forum. Embedding media is much better and as far as I can tell no decades old 256Kb restriction on file size.

Overall IMO if you can accept change it's an improvement. Then again I'm used to it as it's the same software as the 718 forum.

·
Registered
178 Posts
New format isn’t as easy on your eyes on an iPad in my opinion, could do with the option of a less white theme.

·
Registered
232 Posts
It’s miles better, the old forum was a pile of outdated, slow garbage. An upgrade has been a long time overdue

Reactions: markm240i

·
Registered
597 Posts
Fine for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
506 Posts
I was going to post this in the other official thread but it seemed more appropriate here.

Just checked something which is a positive.
Previously, the section "List of all How To's documents in PDF format" involved a workaround otherwise the threads did not open. I haven't checked for a while but I don't believe it was fixed pre update. However, now the links I tried (and it was a few) all opened. It appears they have been updated with the workaround added. That's a good thing, many will have tried to open them and been disappointed. It's things like that which are important.

I am spending a bit of time familiarising myself with the site because we really need to move on and accept the change. I don't think it matters a great deal whether we prefer it or not to the old version, time to change the comfy slippers and mine were pretty comfortable.😉

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
One thing I like is that it lists related topics. This should help reduce the tendency for the same subject to be reincarnated at regular intervals just because people can't be bothered to do a search and bump an existing one. Although what would be really innovative is if someone starting a new topic was prompted with a list of possible duplicate, existing ones first.

I also find the layout much easier to read if I go into 'Dark Mode' from the default 'LIght Mode' but that is probably just me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't mind it, although I can't look at it on my work laptop as I can't download an Ad Blocker on work lappy. Do not know what I will do with my idle work hours (hope the bosses aren't reading).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts