Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

· Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty soon I'm looking to change my near 6 year old M140 for the new M240 xDrive. What sort of discount could I reasonably expect these days for buying cash? And who to order from? For example is Tony at TRL still offering decent discounts? I got my M140 from him. Apologies if I'm a bit out of the loop on these things... it's been a while :) Thx

· Registered
2,139 Posts
Times have changed since the M140i days. People are sometimes waiting 12 months and more to get a car due to the limited supply.

Coast2coast advertise 3% discount on an M240i. There are no BMW finance contributions on any model, so there is no difference between cash or finance. Unless you have access to a discounted employee scheme I doubt you will do much better as dealers have more customers than available cars.

I can't speak for TRL but he doesn't advertise any deals at the moment. It's always worth checking with him in case he has a cancelled order and he will give you a no BS dealer perspective on how long you will have to wait to get a car.

· Registered
32 Posts
With current supply chain delays (most manufacturers will take 12m to get you a car) you’ll have to fight for any discount unless you’re NHS/Armed forces.

carwow suggests max £1500 discount and that’s on par with my experience. People are walking into dealers and paying over RRP for used cars or full RRP for new cars that would have seen big discounts a year ago.

· Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fook! I really am out of the loop. Sheesh! Might well be keeping my M140 for a wee while longer until all this supply chain madness has calmed down. Or I might upgrade the chassis instead. It's got the diff. Thanks for the heads up chaps.

· Registered
128 Posts
I got a small discount on both initial order (Dec '21) and a more recent one (for a new car, but cancelled order) - but speaking to my dealer when cancelling the initial order there's nothing available at the moment (and they couldn't even put a new order in as of 2 weeks ago).... Tough market out there!

· Registered
36 Posts
If you get one you are going to be very very lucky. I tried last year when I ordered mine and got shown the official stance from BMW of..."there are no incentives". Luckily my old M240i was on ultra low mileage and the dealer snapped it off me and so I used that to get the price down (dead money really) and that car was sold within less than 24 hours. The used car market is dying now too, it pretty much died April 1st, especially in the BMW space.

· Registered
580 Posts
What happened on April 1st?
some flippers selling G42 M240s on autotrader circa £60-£65k!

Reactions: andip85

· Registered
2,639 Posts
I bought a BMW F750 bike in March, I had specced a new one, Motorrad told me I would be seeing it in about a year. I paid more for the bike with 150 miles on it than a new one.

· Registered
2,139 Posts
Dealer targets are for cars registered so placing an order today has no bearing on Q2 targets unless it's a car in stock. That seems to be very rare ATM.

Well done for getting £3k off - I'm guessing that's 5-6%.

· Registered
204 Posts
I haggled a bit today and got over 3k discount on a decent spec M240.

Absolutely you can get discount especially as dealerships approach the end of their first quarter next week ;)
But that’s not on a build allocation & god knows when that car would be delivered , I found a dealer with build slot for this September , as it was there last slot for this year they would not give any discount , you can just use carwow to get discount but it’s now well over 12 months delivery as the build will not be even allocated to the dealers yet .

· Registered
357 Posts
Just speaking of pricing in general, I have seen someone trying to pre-sell one for over 65k on auto trader!
I really hope people don't pay these scummy people who buy to flip on.:mad:
A lot look to be high end performance dealers who just buy to sell with 200 miles or so.

· Registered
1,732 Posts
Just speaking of pricing in general, I have seen someone trying to pre-sell one for over 65k on auto trader!
I really hope people don't pay these scummy people who buy to flip on.:mad:
A lot look to be high end performance dealers who just buy to sell with 200 miles or so.
Trouble is that people will pay these inflated prices if they have money

· Registered
1,827 Posts
With current supply chain delays (most manufacturers will take 12m to get you a car) you’ll have to fight for any discount unless you’re NHS/Armed forces.

carwow suggests max £1500 discount and that’s on par with my experience. People are walking into dealers and paying over RRP for used cars or full RRP for new cars that would have seen big discounts a year ago.
Even the Park Lane dealer (who runs the Forces/NHS) scheme has suspended there web page and the discounts are minimal.

· Registered
128 Posts
Speaking with a dealer this week, there are pretty much no order slots available for the 2022 allocation now - so any orders would need to go against 2023 allocations which haven't been released yet. Doubt there will be any good deals around for a bit - maybe not even in 2023 if the slots remain limited

Reactions: a380df

· Registered
3 Posts
Just been told today mine would possibly be near Christmas if not the new year ordered January 2022 with every extra available to now be informed the park assistance and tech plus pack isn’t an option so no 360 camera and recording to be fair I got a 15% discount and secured price and now my cars going to have the new idrive 8 with the new dash

· Registered
1,732 Posts
I placed my original order in late March when the APR was 3.9% & got a £1.3k discount. Unfortunately, because BMW couldn’t give me build slot, the finance figure wasn‘t locked in. I got an October build slot assigned in May along with the Q2 APR of 4.9%.

Went in last week to redo the options based on the current configurator (post BW26) - lost the HUD, Drive Recorder & Parking Plus as they are not selectable. Also had the bad news that the base price had gone up £1.6k, but the good news was that my dealer offered to pay half of that on top of the original discount.

pretty happy with that!

· Registered
357 Posts
I placed my original order in late March when the APR was 3.9% & got a £1.3k discount. Unfortunately, because BMW couldn’t give me build slot, the finance figure wasn‘t locked in. I got an October build slot assigned in May along with the Q2 APR of 4.9%.

Went in last week to redo the options based on the current configurator (post BW26) - lost the HUD, Drive Recorder & Parking Plus as they are not selectable. Also had the bad news that the base price had gone up £1.6k, but the good news was that my dealer offered to pay half of that on top of the original discount.

pretty happy with that!
I don't think you will loose the HUD as it's now included with the Tech pack under C***pit Pro.
Wireless charger also seems to be included but just re-named to "Storage for wireless charging"

1 - 20 of 44 Posts