Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi eveyone, first of all english is my second language so sorry in advance 馃槄

I have just purchased after market used headlights "depo" im getting my hands on them tonight.. but im wondering how do i change angel eye color? From what i found on net each halo or ring had 4or more bulbs? What type are they? Here are some photos of headlights

Administrator
Depo v1 uses normal bulbs for the angel eyes, easy to replace just like the factory bulbs.
Depo v2 uses an integrated LED ring, the colour can't be modified without splitting the headlight and either individually de-soldering the LEDs to replace them with your chosen colour, or replacing the entire ring.

Not 100% sure on how to tell the difference between versions 1 and 2 other than the angel eyes being LED in 2!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Depo v1 uses normal bulbs for the angel eyes, easy to replace just like the factory bulbs.
Depo v2 uses an integrated LED ring, the colour can't be modified without splitting the headlight and either individually de-soldering the LEDs to replace them with your chosen colour, or replacing the entire ring.

Not 100% sure on how to tell the difference between versions 1 and 2 other than the angel eyes being LED in 2!

If its already led angel eyes i'm happy but bow im scared if halo ring dies i can throw headlight in Garbage cause I don't know how to split a headlight and no one in my town does 馃槄 so i guess if angel eyes dies im out of luck

Administrator
If they work now I鈥檇 leave them alone for sure. But if they break later, it鈥檚 worth a try fixing it.

You could always buy a cheap headlight to practice on by following guides online - standard E8x halogen lights are only around 拢10 from a scrapyard/breaker in the UK, no idea about where you are!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If they work now I鈥檇 leave them alone for sure. But if they break later, it鈥檚 worth a try fixing it.

You could always buy a cheap headlight to practice on by following guides online - standard E8x halogen lights are only around 拢10 from a scrapyard/breaker in the UK, no idea about where you are!
I'm from Bosnia 馃槄 and here i'm sure that I won't be able to find any headlight for 10$ hahah but thanks a lot for helping me

1 - 6 of 6 Posts