Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get a front and rear dashcam fitted, any recommendations.

·
Administrator
4,015 Posts
I have a Blackvue DR900X-2CH, very happy with it. Picture quality is brilliant, apps are very easy to use and most importantly it's been rock solid reliable.

Avoid Nextbase at all costs, owned two (first one I bought, second was a freebie) and they're completely useless.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Got 2 Garmin minis totally hassle free, almost invisible and forgettable which is exactly what I wanted. Just plugged into the usb/ 12v sockets as I couldn't be bothered to get them hard wired and don't need park mode.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Garmin for me to, no issues what so ever. But as other have said avoid Nextbase, great concept but truly shocking software

·
Registered
173 Posts
Have BMW advanced Eye 2.0, fitted by dealer prior to new car collection. Expensive, yes but very good quality I think. Had issues with the app that couldn’t be resolved until car went in this week for recall and now has wifi, CarPlay and Android Auto. Now all good and pleased with my choice.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok folks I am still looking for a dashcam. I think I’ve got it down to two. The BMW advanced Eye 3 or thinkware u1000. I also have a problem connecting to Android Auto with my xiaomi 11 t pro. The car in question is a BMW 128ti recently bought. Any help much appreciated 🍺

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cheers Twizzler. Amazon are selling it for £355, front and rear, so might go with that. The ACE is available from BMW for £238.90 plus fitting which is £375.12. That’s £614.02 for BMW fitting it. What I’m saying is I can get each fitted for £90.00.
The u1000 would be £445, fitted, and the ACE3 would be £328.90 fitted.
The u1000 seems to have more bells and whistles, lane departure and speed warnings, which I already have and don’t use. Is it worth an extra £100 odd pounds?

·
Registered
678 Posts
Inchape and Sytner have offers around £500 fitted for the ACE3 front and rear, £280 just for the front.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Which viofo would you recommend?

·
Registered
192 Posts
I've had two Viofo A119 mk2 for five years. Front and rear screens in 3 successive cars. No problems at all, especially as they have capacitor instead of battery. Slimmer and less intrusive than many others. An excellent device for the price.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts