Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Deal is here: Clicky clicky.

Limited time, worthwhile discount for a 10A CTEK charger. For those unaware, CTEK make the BMW branded chargers so this is basically an unbranded OEM 10A charger. Does AGM plus regular batteries and can also act as a 10A power supply. Decent kit.

I just bagged one for myself as I was thinking about the 5A version.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Good spot it is worth noting that the discount is way bigger on the MXS 5 and MXS 7 versions, 40%+ rather than the 10% on the 10A model which is double the price of the 5A version. 5A is plenty for a car battery so that or the 7A (faster charging) would be my choice. I already have the 5 Amp, it is quite excellent.

AFAIK the BMW branded one is a lesser spec version of the MXS 5...

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
If you're likely to do any coding/tuning then the 10a model having supply mode makes it worth the premium. As long as you're sensible, it basically removes any worries about voltage drop mid-process.
The MXS 7.0 also has supply mode and is 2/3 the price of the 10A...

·
Super Moderator
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quite. The 10A was the most attractive to me simply due to the current draw when coding / flashing maps. Maybe overkill but better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I bought the 5 about a month ago. I had a little bit of poo come out when I read this......

Ideal for charging and maintaining larger 12v lead-acid batteries and those found in high performance cars

Works great on my car and bike!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts