1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

Water Wheel Automotive tire Fluid Tread

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread

Hi Guys, well got stung after buying this on ebay. I know buy cheap buy twice (£72) but was on a budget. Ordered this and fitted back in February and is just about to fall apart. Tried getting refund but seller said 2 year warranty only valid if fitted by a mechanic. Anyway I can get around this, please helpful answers only. Have tried to get ebay involved but site is sending me around in circles. Cheers
Wheel Automotive tire Rim Composite material Bicycle part

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread
Water Wheel Automotive tire Fluid Tread
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

·
Registered
165 Posts
I remember i had an issue with a sale on fleaBay and the website made it almost impossible to contact them due to the same issues you've had and it really didn't make sense. Eventually i found a link to live-chat to someone in customer services to begin to get my issue resolved.
Good luck!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I remember i had an issue with a sale on fleaBay and the website made it almost impossible to contact them due to the same issues you've had and it really didn't make sense. Eventually i found a link to live-chat to someone in customer services to begin to get my issue resolved.
Good luck!
Got hold of eBay on live chat ,basically because its outside 30 day money back guarantee they can't do anything. Suggested getting hold of trading standards as part of poor quality which failed. So have learnt the hard way.

·
Registered
370 Posts
If you paid PayPal by credit card do a chargeback.
Item‘s not fit for purpose.
Not sure that the seller can claim that it has to be fitted by a mechanic either; did it say that in his ad?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not sure that the seller can claim that it has to be fitted by a mechanic either; did it say that in his ad?
Yes unfortunately in the small print, my argument is if that's the case they shouldn't sell to the general public

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Exactly, how can they prove that you're not a mechanic?!
Apparently my 30years+ of working on my cars and motorbikes doesn't count and not qualified to fit a part that is held on with 4 bolts. They want a letter from a mechanic who fitted the part and diagnosed the fault to activate the 2 year warranty. It would of cost about £500 probably for parts and labour twice.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Apparently my 30years+ of working on my cars and motorbikes doesn't count and not qualified to fit a part that is held on with 4 bolts. They want a letter from a mechanic who fitted the part and diagnosed the fault to activate the 2 year warranty. It would of cost about £500 probably for parts and labour twice.
So print your letter,

Diagnosed: the pulley had sheered off.

New pulley fitted per fitting instructions and tested.

signed
Devonjas68
private mechanic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Paypal won't step in as they don't deal with quality and warranty issues

·
Registered
370 Posts
How do you pay for your Paypal, credit card?

Reactions: devonjas68

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So print your letter,

Diagnosed: the pulley had sheered off.

New pulley fitted per fitting instructions and tested.

signed
Devonjas68
private mechanic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That ship has sailed already, told them I fitted it myself. They are asking for my qualifications now:censored2:. Don't think I will get a thing from them. If they can't see from the photos that the parts failed and not caused by a fitting issue then there's no hope. eBay and paypal have been no use at all.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Try Citizens Advice. 0808 2231133
See what their take on it is.
Item was obviously not fit for purpose so contravenes Sales of Goods Act 1979.
Depends on how much time you want to throw at this.

Reactions: devonjas68

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Try Citizens Advice. 0808 2231133
See what their take on it is.
Item was obviously not fit for purpose so contravenes Sales of Goods Act 1979.
Depends on how much time you want to throw at this.
Thanks ,actually Paypal suggested going through CAB to lodge a complaint to Trading standards. They can't get a refund but might investigate the poor quality parts that are being supplied, maybe my final option.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts