Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently a full 10p/litre cheaper for regular unleaded but big ques.

Is it decent and worth the que??

Looking for feedback on how car runs, mpg from it etc

Thanks all

Garry

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Its just unleaded it will run the same as any other fuel.

Save 5 quid a tank maybe? Not worth wasting time for me personally.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Its just unleaded it will run the same as any other fuel.

Save 5 quid a tank maybe? Not worth wasting time for me personally.
Not quite, they offer 97Ron E5 which will run the same as any other premium fuel like T99 etc. Or at least better than E10 Asda crap.

I filled up at my nearest the other day, the extra delay was around 5 mins, at £5 per 5 mins, so £60 per hour I reckon it is indeed worth it. YMMV.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
The fuel sounds like it has a good additive mix. Aside from Shell/BP do others mention cleaning properties etc? Never heard any claims from the supermarkets aside from Tesco super.

I emailed asking if there was an additive difference between the petrols - no just the octane and ethanol content. The fuel price savings are covering the annual membership fee at the moment :)

The fuel station is open longer than the store so best to go then. Download the app - the fuel prices are listed for each site.

Costco fuel

Costco fuel Q&A

·
Registered
93 Posts
I run mine pretty much exclusively on Costco E5 SUL and I've never had any issues. Averaging 30+mpg even on short runs.

The filling station is always rammed as well, which hopefully means the fuel isn't going to be sitting around for long so should be relatively fresh.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I ran my 130i, and now run my M135i pretty much exclusively on Costco E5 super too. My wife's Octavia VRS estate also runs mostly on Costco unleaded (mainly the E10 standard, but occasionally on the E5 super) Never had any issues and my local store is only 5 minutes from my house so it's fairly easy to avoid the ques.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts