Baby BMW Forum banner
  • The monthly Photo Competition is back! Click HERE to enter

Conti sportcontact 6 or Pirelli PZero?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, time to change tyres (19s), keen to hear thoughts or experiences on which of these two options is most recommended?!

Ideally I’d go Michelin PS4s or F1 asymmetric 5/6 but keen to go star marked.
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
559 Posts
MPS4S's should be available in the UK very soon in a 235/35/19 star marked size. Wish I knew the exact date, but they were meant to be coming out June/July ish.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I had P zeros fitted and they changed the car from the bridgestones that were fitted, I haven't experienced any wet weather problems. I also reduced tyre pressures to 36psi (front) and 32 psi rears to avoid the premature wear that has been reported.

·
Registered
678 Posts
JCW is on P Zeros and haven't had any issues dry or wet. My latest issue with the Bridgestones is taking a roundabout at 30mph the tyres squeel as if I'm on the limit.
I run 39/32psi on both cars without any issues yet with tyre wear.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I thought I saw recently that Conti 7s are available now? They're meant to be amazing.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MPS4S's should be available in the UK very soon in a 235/35/19 star marked size. Wish I knew the exact date, but they were meant to be coming out June/July ish.
hi mate sorry to bump this thread again. But seen you mention both PZero and SC6 in previous post. If you have experience of both which would you get? SC6 currently £10 per tyre cheaper FYI and extra discount potentially too! Cheers

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Never used Camskill, but it is significantly cheaper than anywhere else with good supply options. Do you have to then sort a separate service for tyre fitting if you can’t do that yourself?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Never used Camskill, but it is significantly cheaper than anywhere else with good supply options. Do you have to then sort a separate service for tyre fitting if you can’t do that yourself?
I’ve never used them myself but I think it’s just Mail order only, most tyres places charge around £10 to fit a tyre

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
I've had tyres from them in the past and been happy with the service.
Double check with your favoured garage that they fit tyres they haven't supplied. Not all are happy to do so in my experience.

·
Super Moderator
344 Posts
Goodyear F1’s. No one’s mentioned them ?
I've never seen star-marked ASY5s - do they exist?

In any case after trying on MPS4, MPS5 and ASY5 I can definitely say that whilst there is a more 'sporty' feel to the ASY5s, you don't feel as confident as you can be with the MPS4/5 - particularly in the wet, where the grip is insane with the Michelins. Personally I see little point in going for a tyre that feels better, but can't deliver performance to match.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts