Reactions: pje16

·
Registered
232 Posts
I don’t know how anyone uses the internet without an adblocker

·
Registered
202 Posts
I used to click on a topic and i'd go straight to the latest post, now it just puts me at the start of the thread.... am i doing something wrong or is this now the way it is now?

·
Administrator
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
I used to click on a topic and i'd go straight to the latest post, now it just puts me at the start of the thread.... am i doing something wrong or is this now the way it is now?
It takes a bit for the forum software to learn what you have and haven't read, so the older threads may not work properly yet.

Navigating Thread Listing

• Clicking the thread title will take you to where you left off, the 1st unread post.
  • Clicking the timestamp below the title will take you to the 1st post of the thread.
  • Clicking the timestamp above the last poster user takes you to the last (newest) post.
- Cricket

·
Registered
BMW 220d M Sport
1,625 Posts
every time I load the new posts page I have to untick the filter for unread discussions
Please can this be fixed
thank you
Sky Font Brand Darkness Electric blue

·
Registered
11,793 Posts
every time I load the new posts page I have to untick the filter for unread discussions
Please can this be fixed
thank you
View attachment 16967
I think you can make it your default action in the same box I believe as I had the same problem

·
Registered
BMW 220d M Sport
1,625 Posts
Many thanks Twenny, that did trick
I'd ike to think that I should have spotted that, but if the button said "save" instead of "filter" it would have been more obvious (for those odd thick moments):)

·
Registered
67 Posts
@VSAdmin - ah, my sense of humour obviously triggered someone...

I'll try to be more constructive as someone with 25+ years as an IT Consultant that develops & tests software for a living:

1. The Dark mode is good.
  2. The offer of a "Premium Membership" for the knock down price of $19.99 and you only get slightly less ads - not really good value for money, is it.
  3. Using the site without an ad-blocker is like not a good user experience, if you want to attract new members and retain them, perhaps consider turning the ad count down from 11 top maybe 6.
  4. Yay a Like button......
  5. The forum speed is certainly a lot better but it wasn't that bad before the change once it was given some more compute power.
  6. The Private message inbox system is clunky and stupid - selecting multiple messages and there is no Delete button - you "leave" the conversation - that is some dumb UX
I think that will do for the moment. Overall I give the forum a solid 4/10 now - the previous iteration was not perfect but it was clean, uncluttered and did not try to make it hard to read or find anything.

@VSAdmin - if you don't like my post then delete away old chap, I honestly could not give two hoots and to be fair, it seems to me that the new owners of BabyBMW could not give a fig about the members, but remember, without us this site is nothing.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Hi,

So after the forum software update i cannot see my photo's in my 'members cars' thread anymore...
Is that just for me or for every one?
Do i need to do something to change this?

EDIT: looks to only be the ones uploaded bu Flikr??....

Mark.

·
Vendor
BMW M240i xDrive
251 Posts
I think the forum is actually pretty good. Aside from a few things like issues with ads that people mentioned.

I also think the home page should go back to "Full Forum Listing" page - then give people the option to switch to the new view.

This might help some of the non-believers!

·
Administrator
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Hi,

So after the forum software update i cannot see my photo's in my 'members cars' thread anymore...
Is that just for me or for every one?
Do i need to do something to change this?

EDIT: looks to only be the ones uploaded bu Flikr??....

Mark.
I don't have control over the 3rd party apps such as Flickr but I can look into this.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
@VSAdmin - if you don't like my post then delete away old chap, I honestly could not give two hoots and to be fair, it seems to me that the new owners of BabyBMW could not give a fig about the members, but remember, without us this site is nothing.
We truly want to hear all the feedback so I have no reason to remove your post. :)

- Cricket

61 - 80 of 106 Posts