Baby BMW Forum banner
21 - 40 of 106 Posts

Registered
I quite like the new site , nice and clear and picture quality is very good. No ads here with ad blocker.

Registered
It's a big change but I've got somewhat used to this forum design and layout from being tempted by i20Ns and Fiesta STs. It's a bit facebookish but works fines. The general chat section will really die now being stuck way at the bottom of the forum list!

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
The general chat section will really die now being stuck way at the bottom of the forum list!
You can keep it at the top if you wish. :)

My Followed Forums

For sections of the community that have special importance to you, go to the forum section and click "Follow Forum".

You will see a list of options open for your preferences. Add a checkmark to your preferred options. Click Follow at the bottom.

Your Followed Forums will display at the top of the full Forum Listing page.

Registered
Must admit I preferred it when threads showed the date & time of last posting rather than how many minutes or hours ago.

Reactions: Matt5964

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Must admit I preferred it when threads showed the date & time of last posting rather than how many minutes or hours ago.
If you hover over the time stamp, it will provide more info. I believe that after about 24 hours; it switches to the date.

Sky Font Asphalt Rectangle Circle

- Cricket

Registered
OK @ Cricket, that is at least helpful to me.

I also miss that the old forum list used to show the title of the most recent thread in each sub-forum.

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I'm still getting zero email notifications from subscribed/followed threads despite having the boxes that look relevant on the preferences page ticked. Is it just me?
It may take a bit for the new forum software to catch up with the cookies related to that feature. (Old vs. New)

- Cricket

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Once the new software learns what you have and haven't read, the following will work.

Navigating Thread Listing

• Clicking the thread title will take you to where you left off, the 1st unread post.
  • Clicking the timestamp below the title will take you to the 1st post of the thread.
  • Clicking the timestamp above the last poster user takes you to the last (newest) post.

- Cricket

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I will be stepping away for the afternoon, but I will return tonight to answer more questions.

One of my co-workers (Mike D) may stop in while I am away from my computer.

Take a moment to browse through our Community FAQs and let us know if you have questions. :)

- Cricket

Registered
Absolutely bloody awful.

Been a member for 11 years - won鈥檛 be visiting much anymore.

Well done to the new owners/admins, you鈥檝e spoiled, possibly ruined the best single marque forum on the web.

Pissed off!

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Can you tell us what you don鈥檛 like about it? Is there anything I can help you find?

Like most of us, I am a creature of habit, so it takes me a bit to get used to changes. I was lucky enough to get to use and play with this new format before it was live here.

We will see regular updates which are largely fueled by community feedback. While that doesn't mean we can action every request, it does mean we are actively listening to the feedback and sharing it with the developers. :)

~Mike D

Registered
Slow & glitchy
Massive animated adverts in right hand margin
Scattergun approach to layout - about as user friendly as a regional newspaper website

Bring back the old look or at least give us the option of a 鈥淐lassic鈥 skin

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Slow & glitchy
Massive animated adverts in right hand margin
Scattergun approach to layout - about as user friendly as a regional newspaper website

Bring back the old look or at least give us the option of a 鈥淐lassic鈥 skin
Not sure if you are using a mobile or desktop but wanted to say that the site is responsive, so it will adjust automatically for you from any device. Check it out and let me know what you think!

There is a premium membership option that members can use that limits advertisements and offers a Focused Reading Mode's option to hide the right sidebar column if you choose.

At this time, there is not an option to have a "Classic" skin.

~Mike D

Registered
Just seen the new format. Seems to be like many other forums I don't bother with unless I am googling for information.
There is too little information on one page resulting in extra scrolling. I use the forum to offer / get help and information so I can still do that but it's not as pleasant and I probably won't browse as much which is a shame because you can learn of potential issues.

I do like dark mode but would like the option to change the text from white to another less stark option.

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Just seen the new format. Seems to be like many other forums I don't bother with unless I am googling for information.
There is too little information on one page resulting in extra scrolling. I use the forum to offer / get help and information so I can still do that but it's not as pleasant and I probably won't browse as much which is a shame because you can learn of potential issues.

I do like dark mode but would like the option to change the text from white to another less stark option.
Hoping this will help...Cricket posted earlier about ways to make your way around the site here, how to navigate thread listings here. And if you have favorite forums that you like to follow or frequent, you can always follow them again so as to keep them at the top of the site for easier access. This is explained in detail here

~Mike D

21 - 40 of 106 Posts