Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Dark mode is cool.

Is there any way to see your subscribed/followed threads in one place, as there was before? I used to go through every now and again and remove myself from old/dead threads to keep the emails down. I can find bookmarks and subscribed users, but not threads.

Edit: found it so never mind.

Now to work out how to make my signature not appear in gigantic bold font 馃槀

Registered
Think that's the sig sorted. I had the font size set to small on the old software, looks like those numbers map to "massive" on the new.

If I have my profile set to members only, it looks like it also stops me from seeing it?

Is there any way to not show the giant N avatar thing? I preferred it when having no profile pic just disappeared that element entirely.

also work out what has happened to my logo image, blurry and chopped off at the moment
the makeover is a poor imitation of
VS own Bimmerfest as well as loads of other forums, this is their one-size-fits-all software.

Registered
That will display if you haven't uploaded an avatar.

- Cricket
I guess my days of a nice, clean, blank avatar are done then :(

Also noticed that I'm opted out of email notifications for subscribed threads since the update, just had to turn that back on manually.

Search is waaaay better than before. I love PHPBB but its search function was useless. Won't miss that.

Ooh and editing posts doesn't seem to show any sign they've been edited anymore - that'll be great for winning arguments 馃槑

Registered
I'm still getting zero email notifications from subscribed/followed threads despite having the boxes that look relevant on the preferences page ticked. Is it just me?

Registered
I was on a forum VS took over a few years ago, the way this has been handled is incomparable. I won't say I'm not still concerned, we've gone from a local, individual owner/operator who founded the place out of interest to a faceless venture capital backed entity from a different continent which will, by nature, value revenue above all else. But the effort the new staff have put into communication and engagement, as well as just the general approach to the takeover, is lightyears ahead of what I saw last time and enough to make me give them a chance.

Registered
Looking at the way they manage these take overs it鈥檚 all boiler plate text - the post that Colin put up telling us the the 鈥済ood folks鈥 at VS were taking over is replicated across all of the forums they have infected. They try to ingratiate themselves by sharing some personal info or by claiming to be also involved in the hobby. I鈥檓 not falling for it and only hope my request to have my account deleted is done swiftly. Anyone wishing to contact me, I鈥檒l be over on Bimmerpost.
Like I said, this takeover seems to have been handled much better than the last one I was around for, boilerplate announcements or not.

I don't see much point in criticising the staff for engaging, seems a bit like walking into Wetherspoons and whinging at the bartender that the place was better when it was independent just because they said hello 馃し馃徏鈥嶁檪锔

I'm on Bimmerpost as well, but I prefer this forum because it's UK focused and always seemed much friendlier/more helpful. Was brilliant for coding help too, at least until you deleted your account the first time round and nuked half the threads :razz: At the end of the day, both companies have the same business model so I'm not going to kid myself that one cares more than the other, I'll just stick with the forum that seems a better fit for me until it doesn't.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts