Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2016 M240i
5,362 Posts
I've got an adblocker which seems to help.

Don't like this overly big colourful layout though, preferred monotone.

Reactions: Matt5964

·
Registered
2016 M240i
5,362 Posts
Nobody likes change, but I will just say this to everyone - give it a bit of time, and try out the new features. Once we get used to layout, and realise we have some new stuff like easier image addition we may prefer it.

It's a little big and fussy for me, but I'll see how it goes.

Reactions: Twenny and VSAdmin

·
Registered
2016 M240i
5,362 Posts
also work out what has happened to my logo image, blurry and chopped off at the moment
the makeover is a poor imitation of
It's the same software, and the same company that own both forums now, so it will be exactly the same rather than an imitation.

I'm fine with the new system so far, no major issues for me and the added Like button is fun, plus better emojis etc.

I won't be chucking my toys out the pram just yet. :p

• Haha
Reactions: Semerka

·
Registered
2016 M240i
5,362 Posts
re the above two posts the Thank you button was possible on the previous platform, someone decided not to use it
I am used to this platform as Bimmerfest use it
so further use will not make me prefer it, There are 2 bimmerfest BMW forums and I have used those far less than our old version
Well it's here now, and they won't go back to the old system, so this is it. :unsure:

I once read a book that I use in these situations, called "Who moved my cheese". It's a very simple book, only about 30mins to read, but I still apply it to any change in my life even 22 years after reading it.

Well worth a read for anyone annoyed with the new forum.

·
Registered
2016 M240i
5,362 Posts
Reactions: pje16

·
Registered
2016 M240i
5,362 Posts
The more I read about VertialScope the more I don’t want to use this forum anymore.

So many forums bought up and then converted to this rancid format and used to advertise all manner of BS.

I used to be a forum sponsor here but there is no way I would evAr give money to VS given their practices.
You possibly need to rethink your priorities in life. It's just a small car forum for owners of 1 and 2 series cars, we're not trying to change the world. If you chucked a wobbler over everything that businesses do, then you'd never touch anything in this world.

Use it, don't use it - those are the two options. :unsure:

It's not going back to the old software, it's changed for good. Get from that whatever you like. I'm still using the forum, mainly as it's good to get info but also to help others using it if they have questions.

Reactions: Dave1

·
Registered
2016 M240i
5,362 Posts
I'm on Bimmerpost as well, but I prefer this forum because it's UK focused and always seemed much friendlier/more helpful.
The layout is the only thing that has changed, the same people are all still here chatting the same guff and giving out the same advice.

• Love
Reactions: VSAdmin

·
Registered
2016 M240i
5,362 Posts
I’m not clearing my cookies
Didn't you say you were rejecting the cookie banner?

If you do that, it won't set a cookie so will just ask you again each time you visit until you accept the cookies.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts