Baby BMW Forum banner

Coding using a Mac??

2033 Views 8 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  iplod
Morning

New cars arrives in March, but want EBT, digital speedo and some others bits coded.

I've done lots of searching but I can't find an answer.

Can coding be done using a Mac? Or does it have to be Windows based?

All the guides I've read make no mention of Mac and all the screen shots are from Windows.

Any help much appreciated!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
From what I'm Les to believe you need a windows based PC for the software to work.

You can run Windows in a parallel set up on a Mac but bit of a dad just to do coding.

Your other option is to see if someone close to your location can do it for you.
Well If they have a coding app fro Iphone with Carly there may be a way to have it on a mac, but I would imagine it is just windows.

If there is a mac version I would be interested as I can take my macbook around.
I run it all in a virtual machine on my Mac, nice and easy

Alternatively theres an app called BMWLogger which has a native OSX version, it will do some basic fault code reading for you
Thanks for your replies gents.

Never done coding before, I'm now thinking it might be easier just to get someone to do it for me!
Windows via Parallels for Mac or VMWare would be your best bet. The good thing is you can save the machine state whenever you like and revert back to whichever save point you like, which gives you an advantage over a Windows machine or using Boot Camp.
You should also consider Carly (" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) which lets you diagnose and code from your smartphone using a wireless ODB2 adapter.
nick-yeah said:
You should also consider Carly (" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) which lets you diagnose and code from your smartphone using a wireless ODB2 adapter.
Thanks very much I will look into that. Can you tell me if you can do the same coding using this app as opposed to Windows/Mac route?
Ok thanks Wibbles.

I've read on other threads that you are located in the North of England? I may have to arrange your services at some point in the future if that's the case, I'm in Carlisle.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.