Baby BMW Forum banner

Cleaning zorst tips

3K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  DurhamLad1973 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Most metal polishes will be very similar in what they do. Abrasive to remove the dirt build up, and easy enough to wipe over after. A metal soap is a new one on me though! To get the best results, use 0000 gauge steel wool with the polish.

This is Angelwax Alchemy metal polish at work..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7 ·
I just use Megs metal polish with a Mothers Powerball / Powercone.

That's when I have time to clean them that is. I haven't had chance to clean the car since mid December.

#8 ·
DurhamLad1973 said:
davidv111 said:
If they have started pitting just get BMW to replace them and save your time. As they are really badly made polishing will only prolong the inevitable
I'll try when it goes in for service.
This is my recommendation makes it easier and quicker

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just use with any metal polish

#14 ·
WATTS 235i said:
Gops said:
They look really good well done.

Is there anything simple I can use for the MP tips as mine are relatively clean with some discolouration on the inside of the exhaust.
I use the auto finnesse mercury metal polish along with some wire wool. Cleans up well but sometimes the discolouration on the inside of the exhaust takes some persuasion to clean up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.