Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys
I have checked behind the glove and its not there....
I have heard there is a fuse box under the bonnet and maybe one in the boot? Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
there are a few fuses on the +ve side of the battery but I'd guess these are a bit bigger than needed for a cig lighter the same goes for the fuses under the bonnet.

I really would have expected the cig lighter fuse to be with the rest of them behind the glove box

·
Registered
4 Posts
naz said:
Hey guys
I have checked behind the glove and its not there....
I have heard there is a fuse box under the bonnet and maybe one in the boot? Any ideas?
The cigar lighter fuse is behind the glove box. Open box, unclip strut on right hand side by pushing bottom fixing forwards, and press the little lugs on the box sides to let the box hinge downwards. Don't force anything. The fuse area is behind and to the left, not easy to see without a torch. There should be a folded piece of paper to the right to show the fuse locations. On that paper, the fuse you want I believe is the bottom one in the right column, something like a horizontal line with a + and - sign on it. Fuse no.8.
You will see it as a 20 amp yellow fuse, in the very top left hand fuse area, second row from the top, three fuses in. There should be red tweezers / pliers to pull the fuse out.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Is there a way of making the cigarette lights power even when the car is off? my last E46 cigarette lighter would still have power even when the car was switched off - handy when i wanted to leave something charger whilst I was out, the 1 series doesn't seem to do this.

I've known on other cars its just a case of moving the fuse across one notch to set it to maintain a permanent feed, but not sure if this is the case with the 1. Anyone able to enlighten me?

also I've noticed that the cigarette lighter under the armrest switches off when the car stops by stop/start, but the one under the radio does not. Is this correct?

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
cm-mojo said:
Is there a way of making the cigarette lights power even when the car is off? my last E46 cigarette lighter would still have power even when the car was switched off - handy when i wanted to leave something charger whilst I was out, the 1 series doesn't seem to do this.
You'll forget about something and flatten your battery - a mate of mine did that on the ferry to spain when he left his mini fridge plugged in...I still poke fun at him for it

·
Registered
110 Posts
will only ever be a phone, and only ever a couple of hours. Like i said, my E46 managed it OK

·
Registered
373 Posts
mike60g said:
You will see it as a 20 amp yellow fuse, in the very top left hand fuse area, second row from the top, three fuses in.
Just to say thank you - this is absolutely spot on. Managed to find the blown fuse in seconds (previous owner lost the fuse chart) and now I can fix my 12V sockets

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.