Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Managed to reduce the gap in the boot by adjusting the rear light as it wasn’t sitting properly it’s still noticeable but only about 1mm out compared to a few before so I’m a tad happier with that. Undortunatly i slipped and caught the edge on the bumper and took a chunk out 😩. Just my luck. Been looking at chipex or Bmw paint which would people recommend? Thanks
Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Car Amber

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I feel your pain Amf, anything you do short of a respray you're going to notice. After my £10k shunt, caught my hatch on the garage wall and chipped the clearcoat, it has gone through James Bird; and nothing he could do.

·
Super Moderator
367 Posts
Chipex didn't last too long in my experience, came off after a couple of (pressure) washes. I think it'll be a matter of trial and error with different touch-up pens before you achieve a result you can tolerate. Personally I'd be painting since it would stand out to me too much given the colour.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I know this is painful especially since you just got the car. Get a bmw one. Touch it up and try to forget about it. If after a while it’s nagging you and you cannot stop thinking about it, then do what @dxnnyk said. In my humble opinion, repainting this part because of such a small chip is too much at this point.

also here’s another thread with regards to using chipex. MB Chipex

·
Registered
33 Posts
I know this is painful especially since you just got the car. Get a bmw one. Touch it up and try to forget about it. If after a while it’s nagging you and you cannot stop thinking about it, then do what @dxnnyk said. In my humble opinion, repainting this part because of such a small chip is too much at this point.

also here’s another thread with regards to using chipex. MB Chipex
2nd'd. Had a small scuff put on my back bumper from someone who clearly needs lessons parallel parking.

Immediate reaction was thinking about respray (as well as swearing about it). Brother suggested trying cheap fix first, bit of a wash and some T-Cut - if it goes tits up, needed a respray anyway! Got their paint out, but still lacking a bit of mine, but not bad enough that it upsets me each day.

Let it settle, try the cheaper options first - BMW touch up. If that doesn't work or you can't live with it, then the respray.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So my touch up kit arrived this morning so I was looking forward to getting the paint touched up.

unfortunately Bmw decided to send me sakhir orange 😑 nothing is ever simple is it 😆

1 - 7 of 7 Posts