Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.........if only I hadn't cancelled the order a few months back!! :ROFLMAO:
Came about after seeing a Portamao Blue 3 series with some everyday road dirt on it and it completely put me off the colour, looks stunning when clean and polished on the vids on YT etc but just didn't work for me when dirty. So, as I was already having niggles about the Blue with Black side sills thing, I decided to revert to my instincts and call the dealer to change the colour to Black (despite all the drawbacks, Black is my favorite car colour and always has been - this will be number 6!). Turns out my build was much further down the line than I had anticipated and my dealer informed me that it was locked in and couldn't be changed. Colour change would require re-order, jumping to the end of the queue and the car being supplied with the (then) dreaded iDrive 8 + Curved Display.

So to cut a long story short, after many hours of perusing i4 and iDrive 8 vids, Mrs BH reminding me "you just had an M240i and an M2, there's no way you'll be happy in a 220i!", lots of man maths and bean counting, I thought I could settle for the 220i with delivery in July or as they say Go Big or Go Home!!
Few days later Mrs BH's X1 was in for service so I cheekly requested their M240i demo for the day to see if the reviews are accurate (they are!) and when I returned it that evening and had a play about on iDrive 8 in an i4, I replaced my order for the 220i with one for an M240i in Black Sapphire! delivery in October.
The 240i is a fantastic car and with the adaptive option is the best of all worlds in terms of fun/excitement/speed/comfort/useability/practicality so all in all a better choice for me.

Reminds me of something my dad used to say when he got to my age now - "I used to be indecisive......now I'm not so sure"!
I think I might be heading the same way......or maybe not! ;)

·
Registered
387 Posts
Hope the wait will last till October only and not beyond! Congrats on purchase. I really like the front of new 2 series. Not so sure about the rear but it might grow over time. Think it looked great in black colour.

that last quote about indecisiveness is all about me right now lol

1 - 2 of 2 Posts