Baby BMW Forum banner
  • The monthly Photo Competition is back! Click HERE to enter
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there!
New member here!Got my hands on a 2007 118i se a while back and am looking to do a few small things to it! The back end for me leaves a lot to be desired and I'd love to get a spoiler for it, I dont find any of the replicas coming out these days to be very pleasant though,A lot of them seem to stick out too far compared to the original ones.
If I was to find one on a car at a scrapyard would it be hard to get off without ruining it?
Sorry for the noob question but I am a noob after all : (

Alternatively,has anyone purchased an after market spoiler for the 2007-11 range of E8xs? If so,how was fitment,where did you purchase,and could I see pictures.

Have lurked on the forum since i bought the car and youve all been extremely helpful,Super community! :)

Registered
If it's been installed properly it will have both double sided tape and a bonding agent. They're difficult to remove but not impossible, use heat and some strong fishing line to try and slice it off. There's no point in heating the spoiler from the top, you need to get the heat underneath it as you use the fishing line - you'll likely need two people.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts