Baby BMW Forum banner
21 - 40 of 74 Posts

· Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I've definitely done the reverse,drive,reverse sequence when parking with no issues like what you report,just the blank screen once.
My car was built in October so I'll check the software version when it returns from the detailer later this week.
Where do I find the software version?
I think it’s under Vehicle Apps -> Settings and then scroll down to Software Update. ( vaguely remember! )

I think my car was built week 39.

· Registered
297 Posts
I think it’s under Vehicle Apps -> Settings and then scroll down to Software Update. ( vaguely remember! )

I think my car was built week 39.
Mine is week 41 build so likely same software version as yours,if there is an update out they must have started factory fitting it to cars at some point so may as well check.

· Registered
433 Posts
Mine is week 41 build so likely same software version as yours,if there is an update out they must have started factory fitting it to cars at some point so may as well check.
Mine was a week 41 build too (IIRC) - car still in the spa - few finishing touches this evening then the official launch tomorrow! 😁 Will test this reverse camera scenario too and let yous know how I get on.

· Registered
297 Posts
Mine was a week 41 build too (IIRC) - car still in the spa - few finishing touches this evening then the official launch tomorrow! 😁 Will test this reverse camera scenario too and let yous know how I get on.
Wow our cars have seriously followed similar paths,mine is back from the detailers tomorrow so all good to go after that.

· Registered
56 Posts
So the camera worked fine this morning, then this evening I had the same issue occur again. It appears to be triggered by:
  • Put the car into reverse and camera works
  • Reverse a couple of meters
  • Put car back into drive
  • Drive forwards a few meters
  • Put the car into reverse
  • Camera failure!

I’ll be curious if anyone else can reproduce the above.

Software version is 07/2022.40
Just had this happen to me. Reverse, drive, then reverse again and camera fail. Not great when I've not owned the car for a week yet! I haven't tried an engineer reset yet (turn it off and back on again) but will be going out later so will see if it happens again then

· Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Just had this happen to me. Reverse, drive, then reverse again and camera fail. Not great when I've not owned the car for a week yet! I haven't tried an engineer reset yet (turn it off and back on again) but will be going out later so will see if it happens again then
Thanks for checking! Looks like it’s absolutely a software bug. Let’s hope it gets fixed.

· Registered
297 Posts
So the camera worked fine this morning, then this evening I had the same issue occur again. It appears to be triggered by:
  • Put the car into reverse and camera works
  • Reverse a couple of meters
  • Put car back into drive
  • Drive forwards a few meters
  • Put the car into reverse
  • Camera failure!

I’ll be curious if anyone else can reproduce the above.

Software version is 07/2022.40
I've tried tonight to see if my camera would fail from reverse,drive,reverse and never had any issues.
Checked the software and version 07/2022.50 which is slightly different to yours although my car was built 2 weeks later.

· Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Wow thanks for checking guys. What I do find strange is that we all have such differing versions.

My assumption would be they roll out the patch releases OTA like iPhone updates but that obviously isn’t the case as we all seem to be on whatever it left the factory with. Have any of you actually ever updated it? I just use my phone to check and assume that would be the same as doing it in the car. I can imagine it will only be for each major version I.e. 2022/11

· Registered
1,809 Posts
Wow thanks for checking guys. What I do find strange is that we all have such differing versions.

My assumption would be they roll out the patch releases OTA like iPhone updates but that obviously isn’t the case as we all seem to be on whatever it left the factory with. Have any of you actually ever updated it? I just use my phone to check and assume that would be the same as doing it in the car. I can imagine it will only be for each major version I.e. 2022/11
BMW don’t normally send out patch updates, at least they never did for any of my last 4 cars. They role any changes into 2 or maybe 3 annual OTA brand-wide updates. They are sent to your car once your VIN is ‘on the list’, but around 3.5million cars, it can take quite some time to get it.
It is possible to get it done by your dealer, but will depend on what relationship is like with them as to whether they’ll do it ‘free gratis’, request warranty cover from BMW, or charge you (it’s not a quick job to do it via their equipment- can be 3hrs hence expensive)

· Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
BMW don’t normally send out patch updates, at least they never did for any of my last 4 cars. They role any changes into 2 or maybe 3 annual OTA brand-wide updates. They are sent to your car once your VIN is ‘on the list’, but around 3.5million cars, it can take quite some time to get it.
It is possible to get it done by your dealer, but will depend on what relationship is like with them as to whether they’ll do it ‘free gratis’, request warranty cover from BMW, or charge you (it’s not a quick job to do it via their equipment- can be 3hrs hence expensive)
Cheers for the information. So likely the dealer would be able to patch it for me if it’s a known fix else it might naturally fix itself when we get the next update in the coming months.

Either that or myself and @gringolian have faulty hardware!

21 - 40 of 74 Posts