Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I've got my eye on a white 135i. I've seen the new M3 with the carbon roof and it looks so good.

Has anyone got a 135i with a carbon roof? How do I go about sourcing this option?

It needs to be done!

Thanks
Ray

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey mate...
BMW don't do carbon on the 1'er, but try those who make stickers for cars.
You know when a bus or a taxi gets commercials on the side?
Those guys could measure the roof on your car, and make foil with carbon-design to glue on!

GO FOR IT!!!

Trond, Bergen

·
Registered
14 Posts
hi, i have a white 135i, and i have been comtemplating the exact same thing!

i even had to check who created this thread, i thought it may have been me drunk, haha.

the idea of a carbon fibre roof is great, but it would cost so much money, and the idea of a carbon look sticker is IMHO pretty lame, so i think im going to get it done black, like this

·
Registered
112 Posts
I should think retro fitting a carbon roof would improve the centre of gravity but the cost..............................jeez, a lot :wow:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not sure about the sticker idea..........in fact i'm sure. I wouldn't go that route. It would look to much like a sticker and not enough like carbon.

I was thinking black as well but if I could get it in carbon.....ohhhhh myyyy!!

As I haven't bought the car yet, I've still got time to dig around and twist a few ears and arms here and there to see what I can come up with.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Cant view the pictures :x

·
Registered
268 Posts
has anyone been able to get the pictures to display from the forum link. tried altavista's website that converts websites in one laungauge to another but it does't work.

i was thinking of getting the rear diffuser covered in a thin layer of carbon. found a place on ebay who sent me a sample, looks good quality but i don't think its flexible enough to mould round the curves.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The guy almost lives next door to me... altough I never seen the car driving around. In the pictures the roof looks great, but I'm not so sure about IRL...

It costed only about 650 euros, including the clear varnish.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.