Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
BMW 118I 2007 E87
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a E87 118i which has the N43 engine, I'm not sure what is happening to it, but the oil level was ok maximum then minimum then now it is less than minimum I don't know what is wrong with it , is it burning oil? And how much would it cost to repair? Should I sell it and save up for a newer 1 series?.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Did you top up the oil? Lots of these older cars will have a few leaks now, you'll need to work out how much your using and have a look for any obvious signs. The 4 cylinder petrols sometimes suffer timing chain issues and valve stem leaks too which could get pricey.

·
Registered
BMW 118I 2007 E87
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you top up the oil? Lots of these older cars will have a few leaks now, you'll need to work out how much your using and have a look for any obvious signs. The 4 cylinder petrols sometimes suffer timing chain issues and valve stem leaks too which could get pricey.
i dont have the oil, should i go and buy it? or go to the mechanic as soon as possible, i know about the timing chain issues but does that relate to oil burning?, i had the car serviced from about a month, and it was showing max oil level, but now as i said its less than minimum

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
How many miles have you done since fresh oil was put in a month ago at its service?
Personally I wouldnt drive it without first topping up the oil level.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts