Baby BMW Forum banner

Brisvegas MEET

24K views 44 replies 10 participants last post by  aedeau 
#1 ·
Ok guys and girls... its about time we gathered together for the 1st official BabyBMWnet 1er meet in Brisvegas :cool2:

A few months ago there was mention of sometime in August being a good time, as wmj73 was awaiting delivery of a new 1er. Can we get some feedback from everyone as to what may be a good time in August (early or late), or maybe even early Sept? Options are open, and I guess we will make it a Sunday somewhere central, where we can take some pics and have a coffee or two...

#2 ·
Im still in 08ABC, but I delivery date is still vague, I inquired with the dealer and he still cant give me an approximation apparently. Looks like late august or as even early Sept. Everything else sounds great. Hopefully we shall be able to get a good turn out.

#4 ·
wmj73 said:
Im still in 08ABC, but I delivery date is still vague, I inquired with the dealer and he still cant give me an approximation apparently. Looks like late august or as even early Sept. Everything else sounds great. Hopefully we shall be able to get a good turn out.
Which dealer? Salesman's name?

#6 ·
know the dealership and Darren quite well, since I worked there for two yrs... but better not mention my name there since they are peeved that I bought my 1er from another dealer (from NSW actually!).

I am going o/s mid Sept. so hopefully you will have your 1er before then.

#9 ·
I will be overseas end of Sept. so that option is out. But maybe we could make it early Oct. so wmj73 can definitely attend :)

#10 ·
08ABC said:
I will be overseas end of Sept. so that option is out. But maybe we could make it early Oct. so wmj73 can definitely attend :)
I'd be up for early October - hopefully we will have moved into our proper home by then!

Paul

#13 ·
I think Oct is it... I will be back and over jetlag by say the 6th. so we can make it Sunday the 7th, or Sun. 14th.

#15 ·
Hey SirK... you have a Sparkling Graphite 130iM too :cool2: Should post some pics up on a thread. Will be great to catch up on the Meet.

#16 ·
Ok guys and gals... looks like 14 October is the best date. So now if you would like to give me an idea of your locations in and around Brissie so I know where would be best to meet up. I am also open to suggestions (and bribes - I like Ice Cream :D )...

#17 ·
I'm in central Brisbane.

A drive to Mt Nebo, stopping for coffee at the cafe would be nice. We could then head to Mt Glorious continuing on to the Wivenhoe Dam lookout and down the other side (along Northbrook Creek Road) joining the Brisbane Valley highway via the Wivenhoe Somerset Rd. Then back to Brisbane via the Ipswich Motorway & Centenary Highways...

...just a thought ;)

There are some nice windy mountain roads mixed in with some highway speed driving on quiet roads.

I'll be driving my 100% Biodiesel-fuelled 120d :)

Paul Martin

#18 ·
Yes... the old 'Mt Glorious' circuit :cool2: Great idea, as one of my fav. short day trips... for those here that are not familiar with the drive, it consists of:

Suburban drive via Ferny Grove towards Samford, then Hill climb with 'switchbacks' and great, tight bends to Mt Nebo/Mt Glorious, Beautiful view at top with stunning 'ridge-top' sweeping corners and straights amongst sub-Tropical Rainforest setting (trees over road, cool temps - perfect 'sunroof open and windows down' driving), descend towards Lake Wivenhoe (or what is left of it) to find one of the best 'cruising' roads following the valley (popular for Motorcycles for very reason). Fantastic cruising roads (100km/h speed limit) Sth towards BNE-Esk hwy. Then back to Bne as per nitramluap.

Really nice Cafe's along the way up the Mtns, scenic lookouts, visit Wivenhoe Dam, Good 'all round' road trip to stretch your 1er's legs :) Time frame would be approx 3-4hrs taking it easy and stopping a few times (although I have done it much faster :p )

We could meet at Mc Donalds Car Park on Milton Rd (next to Suncorp Stadium), as there is plenty of parking, undercover if raining.

N.B. if it is raining, the Mt Glorious drive is still spectacular - just a little slower :wink:

Still open for other ideas though...

#20 ·
Fantastic. I am O/S from next week until early Oct. so can everyone who is interested please confirm asap. And give feedback on the proposed plan above?

BTW - Paul, you passed me driving on Coro. Dr. the other day :)

#21 ·
08ABC said:
Fantastic. I am O/S from next week until early Oct. so can everyone who is interested please confirm asap. And give feedback on the proposed plan above?

BTW - Paul, you passed me driving on Coro. Dr. the other day :)
I hope I was behaving myself! :)

I'll be at the meet. Looking forward to a convoy.

Paul

#25 ·
Since it is a Sunday morning... not too early :) Maybe around 11am? Depends though, as some may have family or things to do on their Sunday, so we can make the meet earlier or a little later if need be.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.