Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting front brake judder when braking at anything over say 30mph.
If this was happening with the car say a year old under warranty, would your take it back to the main dealer for a warranty claim?
Yes I would.
Roll on for a few years under extended warranty, would you then?
I guess what I am asking is, is brake judder, probably due to warped discs, a defect claim or wear and tear, suck it up love!
Coming clean I've done nearly 68k miles on the original discs and pads, the pads at last BMW inspection still had plenty of meat with the idrive indicating 4k left, which has been the case for the last 10k miles or so!
Would it be cheeky to book it in and see what they say?

Reactions: nazali

·
Registered
246 Posts
Absolutely not, I would def book it in, the worst they can say is not covered, here depending on the dealer, age and w'tee, they sometimes charge $80 in case you refuse work,
i.e. before my w'tee on my one came up everything they looked at no charge

the last 3 months IO took it in and they then said, not sure if it's BMW fault etc, but we would charge you $80 refundable if we look at it and say it's not covered and you refuse.

Usually you can take it in and they will advise you

IF under w'tee ask them to make the determination,

If this was happening with the car say a year old under warranty, would your take it back to the main dealer for a warranty claim?
Yes I would.
I guess what I am asking is, is brake judder, probably due to warped discs, a defect claim or wear and tear, suck it up love!
Coming clean I've done nearly 68k miles on the original discs and pads, the pads at last BMW inspection still had plenty of meat with the idrive indicating 4k left, which has been the case for the last 10k miles or so!

·
Registered
780 Posts
Yes I would.
Pads and discs are consumable parts. It would seem like you have consumed them. This isn't a warranty issue.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I was getting judder too, turns out the insides were barely grabbing and bad scoring on fronts:
Wheel Automotive tire Road surface Grey Rim
Wheel Automotive tire Alloy wheel Tread Rim

Bought new Textar discs (dimpled grooved) and some Textar GF pads.
It's like night and day, brakes feel awesome now
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive design Car

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, I know they are near end of life.
If I take it to BMW and they say no you plonker, I'm either committed to their time 'investigating' or doing the work.
Probably best off just taking it to an independent in this case me thinks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts