Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've owned my 135i from new and it's currently 23 months old with 17000 miles on the clock.

I had my first oil service completed back in June so thought I was all good for servicing for a little while - but now the iDrive is telling me I need a brake fluid change / service.

Is this normal? Unless I'm reading it wrong the BMW UK service page seems to suggest a brake fluid change is needed after 3 years from first registration so does under 2 years seem early?

In the past, when I've taken other cars in for a first service after 2 years (mainly Ford and VW to be fair) I ve always turned down the garages 'recomendation' to change the brake fluid without any problems - but because the servicing is linked into the iDrive it seems BMW have you cornered.

Anyone else needed a brake fluid change so early?

·
Registered
676 Posts
It's changed for the M135i, first brake fluid is after 2 years followed by every 2 years.

·
Registered
689 Posts
It's changed for the M135i, first brake fluid is after 2 years followed by every 2 years.
For most cars the brake fluid change was brought down from three years to two. The same occurred with my Audi...

·
Registered
676 Posts
For me on paper it and app says July 2023 118i model. Clocked at 29k @ July 20 first reg.
Yeah for BMW it only seems to have changed for the performance models. The JCW is the same, first after 2 years.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
3 years from date of manufacture not registration. Then every 2 years there after.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
If I can add a comment here, the interval was 3 years from new then every 2 on the F2X models but in my experience that is too long. Recently I have found I can cook my fluid and get a long pedal if I try really hard with my 2.5+ year old fluid and I don't mean on the track either, just spirited road driving. The pads are OEM and not junk (soon to be change for ATE GG) so this is suggestive that the fluid is past its best. 2 years from new is probably more sensible for a fast models and it sounds like that is the way they have gone for the MX35i at least.

In case you are wondering, the only reason I haven't changed my fluid yet is that I have a service pack and I have to wait until September to get it done gratis.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts