Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I lock my car with the key fob the doors lock as normal but the boot can still be opened, the boot only locks when I walk away from the car. Is there a setting to adjust so the boot locks straight away with the doors?

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
When I lock my car with the key fob the doors lock as normal but the boot can still be opened, the boot only locks when I walk away from the car. Is there a setting to adjust so the boot locks straight away with the doors?
Settings for the locks are in the I-Drive.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Just checking Ash, you haven't got comfort access?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yes I have, I like the fact that I walk away and it all locks and unlocks when I approach but I wanted to see if the old fashion way with the key fob locks everything but it doesn’t lock the boot.
It might be under comfort access settings, but i know it used to be a coded option to have the boot from the keyfob

·
Registered
246 Posts
I just ran some tests on mine. I have comfort access....

1. Locked the car from a distance and approached without the key. Everything was locked.
2. Approached the car with key in my pocket. Everything opened.
3. This is what I think you may be experiencing... Locked the car on the key whilst next to the car. The doors lock but boot remains unlocked. I.e. I can open it. As I walk away, with the key, I can hear the boot lock. At this point if I return to the car without the key, the boot is locked.

edit: Okay, just noticed this isn't what you were asking. There isn't anything in 'keys' setting or comfort access setting, so I think 3 is just as it is.

Reactions: Ashley1967

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just ran some tests on mine. I have comfort access....

1. Locked the car from a distance and approached without the key. Everything was locked.
2. Approached the car with key in my pocket. Everything opened.
3. This is what I think you may be experiencing... Locked the car on the key whilst next to the car. The doors lock but boot remains unlocked. I.e. I can open it. As I walk away, with the key, I can hear the boot lock. At this point if I return to the car without the key, the boot is locked.

edit: Okay, just noticed this isn't what you were asking. There isn't anything in 'keys' setting or comfort access setting, so I think 3 is just as it is.
Yeah number 3 is what happens.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts