Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So got the brake fluid servuce come up on Saturday
and as I don't follow standard patterns for oil change, I do more often than I need to,
for me it's an no-brainier insurance policy

"Look after a car and it will look after you"

BTW should I notice any difference or feel on it ? (brakes I mean)

if it's a luxury or high end car even more so

·
Registered
93 Posts
Just cross everything and hope the bleed nipples don't shear...

Mine went in with 4, and came back with 3 plus a bill for a new caliper :(

It seems strange to me that BMW mandate the brake fluid is done every 2 years regardless of mileage, yet see nothing wrong with the coolant filled up back in Germany when the car was made sloshing around the system forever.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The brakes don't feel any different, hmm maybe a tad, possibly placebo effect.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
I see you are in Canada, we have to pay for it in the UK.
A Brake fluid change at 3 years but not 5 years is included in the UK 5 year service plan. Seemingly not in the shorter duration plans.

·
Registered
127 Posts
A Brake fluid change at 3 years but not 5 years is included in the UK 5 year service plan. Seemingly not in the shorter duration plans.
Yep, but if you don’t have a service plan then you have to pay for it. I’m not sure they are offering 5 year plans anymore. I only had a choice of the EMaC plan which covers up to the major service (4 years in my case) but for whatever reason doesn’t cover brake fluid change. I arranged mine thorough an Indie for £60 when he did the oil and filter change.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'm on the emac plan, and have had the major and a CBS brake fluid change, as well as the MOT.

Had to pay for the second MOT though, and I also need to pay for their ham-fistedness shearing off the bleed nipple!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
this is part of the BMW 4 year warranty, not an extended, nor CPO, it's a new vehicle

1 - 20 of 25 Posts