Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At 112k, the perforated gear knob currently in the 130 is looking a bit shabby and malting some surface leather.

Im considering changing it over for the BMWPerformance variant, but notice that there is a CF version also (albeit for the F series)

There is also a lot of chat in this forum regarding the Clubsport alternative, which i dont think is available anymore.

with so many part numbers floating about, i think my shortlist options are as follows:

1. BMW Performance Genuine 6-Speed Sport Gear Stick/Shift Knob 25110429269
with BMW Performance Gear Stick Gaiter Alcantara E90/E91/E92/E93 3 Series 25110435849 - Assuming this will fit the E87?
Linked Example

2. BMW Genuine M Performance Gearshift Knob With Alcantara Gaiter 25112222535 (only fits the F series, but i assume this is more to do with the giater rather than the gearknob itself?
Linked Example

3. BMW Genuine Sport Gearshift Knob M Lether Covered 6 Speed Black 25117896886
Linked Example

4. Sitck with a direct replacment BMW Genuine M Gear Shift/Stick Knob+Gaiter Leather Black 1 Series

What do people tend run with these days? is the clubsport still the popular choice?

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Of those 4 I would go with genuine clubsport one.
I not sure the one linked is such but try Cotswold BMW. A few months ago it was around £60 from memory. It's weighted as well which will help.
Personally found the bmwp one far to small to be comfortable and sold it shortly after. The genuine alcantara gaiter was discoed years ago but email Royal Steering Wheels. They will make you an excellent copy.
Don't know about the Fxx one but someone may?
Be careful with anything advertised with a gaiter. A lot will be LHD and obviously won't fit.
Can thoroughly recommend storm motorwerks if you fancy some quality weight in your hand 😁🤛

Edit

·
Registered
1,738 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks again pem... for making my descision even more confusing... was about to pull the trigger on the Clubsort until i saw your BMWP link... :unsure:

·
Registered
905 Posts
I loved the Clubsport knob on my previus 130i.
The BMW Performance knob is too stumpy with sharper edges, no way as nice to use in comparison to the Clubsport.
And the Clubsport looks better in my view.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts