Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dear friends
i changed my original xenon bulbs and ballast with led .After replacement high headlights stopped working , no click sound from inside of headlight.
when i put back original xenon bulb and ballast it starts working (high beam).
i get frm coding with fvdi
what should i change?
i disabled bu xenon but its not working.
B.regards

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
dear friends
i changed my original xenon bulbs and ballast with led .After replacement high headlights stopped working , no click sound from inside of headlight.
when i put back original xenon bulb and ballast it starts working (high beam).
i get frm coding with fvdi
what should i change?
i disabled bu xenon but its not working.
B.regards
Do you not need to code them?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What LEDs did you install?

What does that link point to?

There's no official way to fit LED headlight bulbs on the E8x, what coding did you perform?
this product i installed
i just read coding with fvdi , i tried several things like disable bixenon etc but it didnt worked.im not expert about frm coding , thats why im asking help

·
Administrator
4,025 Posts
I don't think any coding should be necessary, I'd reset the FRM back to default and just see how it goes. You might need to disable voltage monitoring but that's all I can think of looking at the bulbs. I have no idea what FVDI is I'm afraid, so I couldn't help with how. You can get the BMW standard toolset from Bimmergeeks for free if need be, you'll need a K+DCAN cable too.

The high-beam on an E82 is shutter controlled, it shouldn't matter which bulbs have been installed unless they're physically too long and are blocking the shutter or something?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't think any coding should be necessary, I'd reset the FRM back to default and just see how it goes. You might need to disable voltage monitoring but that's all I can think of looking at the bulbs. I have no idea what FVDI is I'm afraid, so I couldn't help with how. You can get the BMW standard toolset from Bimmergeeks for free if need be, you'll need a K+DCAN cable too.

The high-beam on an E82 is shutter controlled, it shouldn't matter which bulbs have been installed unless they're physically too long and are blocking the shutter or something?
i have dcan cable ,problem is when i unplug ori bulb+ballast shutter stops working.
fvdicoding is almost same with bimmertool , same credential names with fvdi .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts