Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any knowledgeable members happen to know email address for BMW CEO ?
I’ve been waiting for 6 months now, I know others, particularly the 128 gang have been waiting longer. my order has been given build dates which have been confirmed as 112 only for those dates to keep slipping and now I’m back to 105 no production scheduled.
Genius can’t or won’t give a reason, dealer blames BMW UK and they don’t reply to emails..
all I’m looking for as I’m sure many are is an explanation.
i Wonder if a politely worded email to the CEO’s team might elicit a response

·
Registered
77 Posts
Does any knowledgeable members happen to know email address for BMW CEO ?
I’ve been waiting for 6 months now, I know others, particularly the 128 gang have been waiting longer. my order has been given build dates which have been confirmed as 112 only for those dates to keep slipping and now I’m back to 105 no production scheduled.
Genius can’t or won’t give a reason, dealer blames BMW UK and they don’t reply to emails..
all I’m looking for as I’m sure many are is an explanation.
i Wonder if a politely worded email to the CEO’s team might elicit a response
I tried this tactic back in April and go nowhere at all. Email address is below

[email protected]

16 months into my delay with a build date of February 2023. Found a used Megane RS at the weekend so will be cancelling my order today

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried this tactic back in April and go nowhere at all. Email address is below

[email protected]

16 months into my delay with a build date of February 2023. Found a used Megane RS ate the weekend so will be cancelling my order today
Sorry to hear that 16 months is crazy & no reason why ? In no way is that even acceptable I was aware at time of order 24 weeks delay was likely I just don’t understand how it can fall out of scheduled production. enjoy the Megane

·
Registered
126 Posts
I've emailed Vines CEO before after I had a row with two helmets in the Crawley dealership. The CEO apologised etc and then got the dealer principle I'd complained about to deal with the complaint himself. Needless to say said gimp didn't really do anything!.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Genius can’t or won’t give a reason
So Emailing the CEO of BMW isn't really going to help, the 128 is built in Europe.... Firstly the Semi Conductor shortage will have had an impact on build dates for EU builds. Next the Ukrainian invasion has impacted EU vehicles too, Once a shell is painted it moves into assembly one the first thing in the build is electrical harness.... these are manufactured in Ukraine.

The CEO, Dealer Principal or Genius can't solved these issues.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So Emailing the CEO of BMW isn't really going to help, the 128 is built in Europe.... Firstly the Semi Conductor shortage will have had an impact on build dates for EU builds. Next the Ukrainian invasion has impacted EU vehicles too, Once a shell is painted it moves into assembly one the first thing in the build is electrical harness.... these are manufactured in Ukraine.

The CEO, Dealer Principal or Genius can't solved these issues.
Absolutely understand the world crisis. I’m not looking to have the crisis solved only an explanation why a build date is accepted by the factory a build date est given to only then like many many others to slip out of scheduled production I’m pretty sure the factory will have an up to the minute idea of factory parts like harnesses etc in stock it’s not like a vehicle gets to a particular station on the production line then someone nips down the store to collect a box of bits needed

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Until is scheduled for build everything is subject to change even you can change the colour, spec of the Vehicle. There was a concise list of codes that told you where your order/vehicle was in the order/build process on here.

Have you ordered a basic model in white ? of has it got a few options ticked.
Guy at work is waiting for a F40 118i in white and its looking like its going into build 22nd of this month.

Have you tried the online chat on BMW website youll need your GB order number too.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Until is scheduled for build everything is subject to change even you can change the colour, spec of the Vehicle. There was a concise list of codes that told you where your order/vehicle was in the order/build process on here.
Quite right and I along with many others were at 112 Order scheduled for Production week 34

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This would appear to be the ‘old’ list. The ‘new‘ list uses 3 digit codes as used by BMW Genius
105 Order out of Production Period
111 Order Accepted at AG
112 Order scheduled for Production (You can still make some changes to your BMW order)
150 Production Started
151 Body Shop Started
152 Paint Shop Started
153 Assembly Started
155 Production Completed
fully accept until reaching 150 things can change but if u have reached 112 I would expect any changes to be to the estimated start of production ie from week 30 to week 34 to week 42 etc not to fall to 105 all I’m looking for is a possible reason. Like has been pointed out by TRL (surely a man who knows what he is talking about) nobody influences production other than the factory, not your dealer, not your lease company, not BMW UK. NOBODY can tell you the reason so it may be a long shot but by drawing the attention of the CEO with a polite email it’s entirely possible that I may get a reply. Equally possible is I won’t get a reply in which case I’ll be no worse off than I currently am

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Personally, I sympathise with you no firm new on orders no reasons for the slippage. But if you did email him he won't actually read it his "PA or Team" will and it will just go into a big file that might get actioned more than likely not.

Good luck with the new F40 once it arrives.

Reactions: charliecon01

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Personally, I sympathise with you no firm new on orders no reasons for the slippage. But if you did email him he won't actually read it his "PA or Team" will and it will just go into a big file that might get actioned more than likely not.

Good luck with the new F40 once it arrives.
I guess I’m what might be termed lucky in I’m not desperate for the new car current f40 is only 2 years old only reason initially for the change was a good deal offered on a new one with a chance to get the ever popular skyscraper grey with a few extra options. And now seeing increasing APR’s it looks like a good decision despite the wait.
Being a retired Marine engineer at 55 means plenty of time on my hands ;)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Have you ordered a basic model in white ? of has it got a few options ticked.
Guy at work is waiting for a F40 118i in white and its looking like its going into build 22nd of this month.

Have you tried the online chat on BMW website youll need your GB order number too.
I would tell ur friend at work to check his status with Genius. My dealer has had 45 F40’s fall from scheduled build to 105 !!!

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
we're checking it weekly.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Mines slipped from 112 too many times, it should have been delivered april/may then build slipped from may to early July, then 25th july, 1st aug, 8th aug, 22aug, 18 sept now feb 23.
I have emailed bmw.de..
My gripe is the website states they are prioritising existing orders. I have seen people on here get their 128 with an order placed after me so i am not sure what prioritise means..!
Also why does bmw uk customer care not respond to emails. I would like to think the head of customer care also wants to know the answer to that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I’ve got a 128 on order. Started in March 2022, delivery has moved more times than I can remember. It was scheduled for wk32 build, but when it got to that week, dealer informed me it had changed to 01/23, gulp. It’s now back to 21st November, whatever week that is, but time will tell.

Not much we can do I guess, just have to sit and wait

·
Registered
276 Posts
Absolutely understand the world crisis. I’m not looking to have the crisis solved only an explanation why a build date is accepted by the factory a build date est given to only then like many many others to slip out of scheduled production I’m pretty sure the factory will have an up to the minute idea of factory parts like harnesses etc in stock it’s not like a vehicle gets to a particular station on the production line then someone nips down the store to collect a box of bits needed
Funnily enough, I’ve taken to Twitter trying to get the same. Like you all I want is an explanation and some honesty.

·
Registered
Alpine White F44.
188 Posts
I’m keeping my fingers crossed for mine.

Morning Brendon.

Sorry for the late rely.

Yes, we’ve got a notice from BMW to confirm parts of China where a lot of the components are produced has gone back in to Lockdown which will drastically hamper supply affecting the 1 and 2 Series most.

However - It’s good news at the moment. Your car is still listed as 5000 - Plan ed Assembly with an expected delivery week of 37, mid-September.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Wow,
I’ve got a 128 on order. Started in March 2022, delivery has moved more times than I can remember. It was scheduled for wk32 build, but when it got to that week, dealer informed me it had changed to 01/23, gulp. It’s now back to 21st November, whatever week that is, but time will tell.

Not much we can do I guess, just have to sit and wait
Was your quoted march 22 an order date or first expected delivery date. I ordered oct 21, original estimated delivery was march april but last check is now at feb 23.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wow,

Was your quoted march 22 an order date or first expected delivery date. I ordered oct 21, original estimated delivery was march april but last check is now at feb 23.
I ordered March 22. Bit of a worry yours being Feb next year. I’m not in a great rush, but am getting tired of constant changes. I’m only here as I cancelled my S3 order as Audi couldn’t guarantee a delivery date, but even worse couldn’t guarantee a spec, kept taking things off, but leaving the price the same.

fingers crossed it moves forward soon.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts