Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so I bought a 2008 bmw 135i and I suspect a leaking injector, the car will misfire on cold start for about 10min until I turn it off and turn it back on agian then it works fine the whole day, I assume because the gas in the cylinder needs to be burnt out and when the car is off the injector stays open... I also noticed in 6th gear at full throttle I get the half yellow engine light come up I also assume it might be because of this injector,

my question is how do I figure out which injector is causing me problems without a code reader,

is it possible for limp mode to go on, on a 6th gear full throttle pull because of the injector

·
Administrator
4,029 Posts
If you don't want to pay for Bimmerlink/Bimmertool/Carly then grab a copy of INPA and a K+DCAN cable. Injectors need to be coded to the car in any event, so even if you could find the culprit, you couldn't fix it. On top of that, you can't just randomly replace or mix and match the injectors in an N54, they all need to be of a compatible index.

A leaky injector filling a cylinder with fuel could end up causing significant/fatal damage to the engine, this isn't a “turn it off and on again” issue, it's a “don't start it at all” issue.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Careful with leaking injectors, Bad for piston lubrication, bad for oil.

Recently heard that you can see roughness per cylinder with the right software? Which might point to your faulty injector.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts