Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the F40s come with a rear armrest as I can’t see it on the reviews I’ve seen or as an option (I would be going for the sport model - not M sport)?

Thanks

·
Registered
210 Posts
Yep, the standard set-up is a 60:40 2-split with no armrest, the armrest is only with the Split Rear Seat with with Through Loading option that splits the seats 40:20:40 and it's the middle 20% portion that houses the armest usually with 2 cup holders.
Not sure why they just didn't make the 3-split as standard fit.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Yep, the standard set-up is a 60:40 2-split with no armrest, the armrest is only with the Split Rear Seat with with Through Loading option that splits the seats 40:20:40 and it's the middle 20% portion that houses the armest usually with 2 cup holders.
Not sure why they just didn't make the 3-split as standard fit.
It just might be connected with them being able to charge £150 for the through-loading option. :)

·
Registered
729 Posts
Fortunately my M235i GC comes with the through-loading system 40:20:40 split rear seats as standard...

Reactions: Ryan007

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks all for the replies. I went onto the BMW configure website and put the £150 rear split seat into it and using the 360 interior view it showed the armrest. Perhaps it’s me but it doesn’t make it clear that the arm rest comes with it.
Thanks again

·
Registered
684 Posts
Thanks all for the replies. I went onto the BMW configure website and put the £150 rear split seat into it and using the 360 interior view it showed the armrest. Perhaps it’s me but it doesn’t make it clear that the arm rest comes with it.
Thanks again
Definately not just you, I ordered the load through as I wanted a ski hatch and had no idea that I would get the armrest and cup holders as well. 😁

Reactions: Ryan007

·
Registered
210 Posts
Definately not just you, I ordered the load through as I wanted a ski hatch and had no idea that I would get the armrest and cup holders as well. 😁
Indeed not just you, in the seven years i've been invested in BMW i've always been frustrated at the info they provide on their options - and some other specifics of their cars - so i end-up spending a stupid amount of time into the small hours web-searching for info (how do u think i found this website? ;)) but usually still come away none-the-wiser. Now i know exactly what i want and how things work the models i'd like with the spec i want are no-longer current and the new ones aren't are quite different, not desirable or just too expensive. Very frustrating.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Fortunately my M235i GC comes with the through-loading system 40:20:40 split rear seats as standard...
My 2 Series Active Tourer SE also came with the 3-split as standard, though i had to spec the very useful sliding rear [60:40 split] rear bench (standard on Lux/Sport/M-Sport). And to be honest passengers hardly ever use it, but i have myself when relaxing on those times i had lunch in my car - the rear space more room to chill. Also i feel the rear armrest makes the car feel more premium.

Coincidentally there's a one-year old used M135ix that interests me that's fully loaded except for one thing - the through-load option - and it really bothers me for some reason, i mean why spend so much money on a car and then not spring for a measly £150 to complete the car?? :rollseyes:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I’d settle for them just delivering what i ordered. They just delayed it a further 14 weeks from Aug 29 to Dec 5 this morning.
Wow that is some delay. I haven’t ordered my yet as I’ve also been considering the Audi A3, but my wife says I always go back to BMW so I might as well just put my order in now for the BMW😀. I was about to order a new 118i last year but I then discovered that BMW had taken the HK audio off the factory options, and there is no way I could live with the standard 4 speaker sound system.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts