Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

I have a 130i M with iDrive.

The BMW here in my country (Brasil) do not sells a Navi DVD.

After looking the internet I identified my iDrive system (Business) and I downloaded the European DVD (2008-1). It works fine, unlocking the GPS functions in the iDrive (position, altitude, direction - N, S, E, W).

I do this because all the time that I start the car the iDrive ask for the navigation DVD. It's very boring.

Now I'm looking for a way to change the maps, using GPS maps from another source than BMW.

But until now, all the information or guides to change the maps do not fits in my unit - even my DVD has a new organization than the DVD that exists in internet :

DATABASE.BD
kNT064EU16x01-F.DB
HBINFO_MAP.TXT
INFO_MAP.TXT
KN064eu16x02-G.DB2_GDB
KN064eu16x02-G.DB2_INF
KN064eu16x02-G.DB2_LIT
KN064eu16x02-G.DB2_SDS
KN064eu16x02-G.DB2_SP5
KN064eu16x02-G.DB2_XAC

You do not have subdirectories.

The first file is a PDF file. All you need to do is rename it to database.pdf and see.

And opening the files (someones with more than 1 GB) you can see some organization and names like exists in the Professional or High DVD systems.

Has anyone tried to change this new DVD organization ?

It seens to be a "compiled" or "compacted" version of the Professional or High DVD. And seens that this is made by 2 programs : xacplnk.exe and xdb2xac.exe . Anyone knows it ?

Any information will be apreciated.

Thank you for yout attention.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No. The system stills ask for the DVD.

Here in Brasil, BMW do not sell the navigation DVD's. Because this, my iDrive ask for the navigation DVD all the time.

I found in the internet the BMW Business DVD (my model - I have a 130i M 2007) and when I put the DVD the GPS system start to work, showing me my vehicle position, etc.

But the DVD has the European MAP (Portugal, Spain, etc). Now I want to put local maps (maps of Brasil) in the DVD.

All the tutorials and documents found in the Internet do not cover the structure of the BMW Business DVD that I'm using (the structure is in my first post).

What I want to know is if someone has skills or tips to hack the European map present in the BMW Business DVD , changing it for another map (brazilian one).

I'm doing this because the BMW in Brasil do not have a single clue when this DVD will be avaiable here (if will be).

Thanks for your reply.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found the format of the disk. It's the SDAL format compiled.

Now I'm trying to locate a pre-compiled map of Brazil or find the tools to do the compilation.

·
Registered
3 Posts
William,

Tudo bem ?

Sou de Brasileiro também e moro em São Paulo, tenho uma 130i 08/09 e gostaria de saber se você conseguiu resolver a questão dos mapas do Brasil.

Abraços !

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi!
I´m also from Brazil and I´ve been searching for the same issue with no success. Have you got some news about it?
I don´t know if this could help, but I´ve got the City Navigator Brazil from Garmin. It´s made by NAVTEQ, the same company that sells maps to BMW worldwide.

I wonder if we could find a way to use this map in our cars.

Can someone help us?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there!

I've just bought a 135i coupe and I'm totally disappointed with BMW Brazil for not selling the Brazil map. I'm looking for a work around because I love gadgets and I wanna use the iDrive completely.

Anyway, I'm looking for a solution and I came across this wonderful forum. Did anyone find a solution for this?

I'll keep searching and If I ever find a way to put local map to our GPS I'll post here the solution.

Best regards,
Gustavo Guida Reis

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.