Baby BMW Forum banner
  • The monthly Photo Competition is back! Click HERE to enter
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

I'm sure I've had this question answered in a thread somewhere or read it but I can't for the life of me find it so I'll just ask again. Appologies if it was you that answered it.

I'm currently running Bm3 stage 2+ on my 240 with TU pump and all supporting mods. My logs are good on esso 99 as long as I add in 5lt of E per full tank. However I'm wanting to try stage 2+ E30 but rather than guess and add in the E and flash. I'd rather buy the flex fuel kit from PTF. Now I know they have there stage 2+ multi map but here's were I get confused.

There 4 map slot options when you click on the map for info are

Map 1 93
Map 2 E30
Map 3 E50
Map 4 OEM MPPK

1, I was under the impression that flex fuel meant you could add in any amount of E and the ECU will adjust accordingly, if this is the case why would you need 4 different map slots with 4 different levels of E content?

2, if the above isn't the case and you still need to tell the car what your filling. Will the car see the incoming E with flex fuel kit installed and adjust that map accordingly, for E.g. if you selected map 2 (E30) and o filled up E36, would the map adjust accordingly.

3, if I got it wrong the other way and filled say E27 would you have to swap to map 1 (93).

4, Is the Map slot the minimum amount of E required to run that slot, hence question 3 above.

5, I'm assuming you would select say map 2 (E30) for anything from E30 - E49 then anything above E49 ypu would flick to map 3 (E50) and so on.

I am wanting to go custom map probibaly with Odin tuned as I've heard great things. Would I still need flex fuel so he can do the above adjustments.

Thanks in advance 馃憤

Vendor
Hi,
I've done a few flex fuel setups now, the BM3 flex kit is an CAN integrated E sensor, so you need to custom tune for it.
When we have done a few maps we have for exampe
slot 1 - 99ron
slot 2 - e50
slot 3 - flex

for the flex fuel map we tune on 99 only then on e50, then with a little bit of maths added in the software and E sensor will adjust the map accordingly for any mixture between 99-e50

Marc

Williams Performance

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,
I've done a few flex fuel setups now, the BM3 flex kit is an CAN integrated E sensor, so you need to custom tune for it.
When we have done a few maps we have for exampe
slot 1 - 99ron
slot 2 - e50
slot 3 - flex

for the flex fuel map we tune on 99 only then on e50, then with a little bit of maths added in the software and E sensor will adjust the map accordingly for any mixture between 99-e50

Marc

Williams Performance

Hi mate,

Right, now I understand it! And would you reccomend it on stock turbo? With me only having the TU pump and not Dorch St2, could that second map be E40 and there for the flex fuel map go from 99-E40.

Is this all done by odin custom tuned through yourselfs.

Thanks marc appreciate the help!

Vendor
Hi mate,

Right, now I understand it! And would you reccomend it on stock turbo? With me only having the TU pump and not Dorch St2, could that second map be E40 and there for the flex fuel map go from 99-E40.

Is this all done by odin custom tuned through yourselfs.

Thanks marc appreciate the help!
Thats right mate, last one we done on stock turbo was 99+e40, calculated power at 525hp

We are doing another car on this setup tomorrow too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts