Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been onto bluespark regarding their tuning box for my car,anyone used this on their m135i f40?they sent me Dyno figures and they were damned good if I'm honest,so before I spend the money anyone got any experience?

· Registered
154 Posts
No experience on the F40 but i had one on my F21 M135i and i,ve literally just put one on my F56 Cooper S last weekend and in my opinion they are great for the money(y)

I did,nt expect much to be honest but on the M135i the mid range torque was much much stronger,and on my Cooper S i,ve got the 3 channel model and its laugh out loud faster mid range,i,m shocked just what a difference its made.

Steve

· Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No experience on the F40 but i had one on my F21 M135i and i,ve literally just put one on my F56 Cooper S last weekend and in my opinion they are great for the money(y)

I did,nt expect much to be honest but on the M135i the mid range torque was much much stronger,and on my Cooper S i,ve got the 3 channel model and its laugh out loud faster mid range,i,m shocked just what a difference its made.

Steve
yep,the 3 channel one was the one I was looking at, considering it's the same engine(just about)how difficult was finding all the fitting points for the wiring?🤔

· Registered
756 Posts
Three channels, or connections are better as the 3rd one is very important, more so on the latest eu6 and eud6 engines, as its allows a more precise tune to be created rather than just a simple “blanket” increase over the complete rev range. Taken from dtuk's website as I have one of their boxes.
Two of the connections are easy but the third, because its at the front of the engine on the B48 just requires some 'ingenuity'...

· Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Three channels, or connections are better as the 3rd one is very important, more so on the latest eu6 and eud6 engines, as its allows a more precise tune to be created rather than just a simple “blanket” increase over the complete rev range. Taken from dtuk's website as I have one of their boxes.
Two of the connections are easy but the third, because its at the front of the engine on the B48 just requires some 'ingenuity'...
So I presume as long as it's a 3 channel box results will be pretty much the same?just that it widens the scope for new/secondhand purchases.👍

1 - 10 of 10 Posts