Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Chaps,

I am in the process of selling my 235i and replacing with a 440i GC in Black Sapphire.

I have not had a black car for around 15 years so looking forward to the change.

I am looking to get some exterior trim parts such as spoiler, rear diffuser & possibly front diffuser/lip and maybe some side blades but not 100%.

My only issue is deciding what colour goes best out of Matte, Gloss & CF. I think proper CF will be a little too expensive for what I want to spend though.

Has anyone been in a similar predicament? Also other that BMW what are the best suppliers for non genuine that actually fit?

I remember buying a non genuine diffuser for my 235 from fast lane styling and it was shockingly bad. Very rigid, wouldn’t clip in and ultimately I bought a genuine one.

Before sending that back I had them both side by side and the non genuine was shockingly bad when side by side against the genuine one.

cheers

·
Super Moderator
367 Posts
I wouldn't go for matte unless the car was anything other than black - I think it'd look like they'd forgotten to paint the spoiler when they painted the car :lol2:

I've previously considered putting a spoiler on my Black Sapphire 118i (as well as a few other bits) but never got round to it. For me, it was between gloss black and carbon, from which the gloss was more appealing as long (as it was repainted to be metallic).

From previous research, MStyle was a company who came up recommended for cosmetic modifications - they also offer a painting and fitting service if you so desire.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wouldn't go for matte unless the car was anything other than black - I think it'd look like they'd forgotten to paint the spoiler when they painted the car :lol2:

I've previously considered putting a spoiler on my Black Sapphire 118i (as well as a few other bits) but never got round to it. For me, it was between gloss black and carbon, from which the gloss was more appealing as long (as it was repainted to be metallic).

From previous research, MStyle was a company who came up recommended for cosmetic modifications - they also offer a painting and fitting service if you so desire.
Do you not think Matte would make the other parts stand out? especially the rear diffuser, it would be a contrast against the BSM?

I was also debating Chrome or Carbon tips when MPPSK is installed !!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts