• The monthly Photo Competition is back! Click HERE to enter
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

keep seeing people saying they have done lost of coding etc

Can someone give me some more details on what this is how it works etc and what you can do with it?

Is it something i buy and do myself or what?

Thanks guys

·
Registered
192 Posts
Here's a summary of my updates. Some were done with the basic mode (you can see what's available for your car on the BC website) and some were done with expert mode, which requires more detailed knowledge. One thing I would strongly recommend: make only one change at a time, and test it thoroughly. Then make a careful note of what you did before trying anything else. This can save a lot of grief later!

Automatic mirror tilt value
Window lifter interrupt when opening a door
Interior light brightness on opening
Boot Lid Opening Delay with remote
Time until automatic lock if no door opened
Auto Stop Start Function memory
Hatch opening reduced in position 3
Sailing/Coasting
Maximum volume at start-up
Active Sound Design OFF
Active Cruise Control initial separation

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have
changed the orange ambient light to red.
valve is open in comfort mode.
M start up logo on Drive screen.

All you need is a OBD link adapter (found on amazon) and the bimmercode app.
you simply plug that OBD link adapter into a port in the car and you can link the app to your car and change any code/settings. Theirs a plethora of youtube tutorials on how to change things and what you can do.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I have
changed the orange ambient light to red.
valve is open in comfort mode.
M start up logo on Drive screen.

All you need is a OBD link adapter (found on amazon) and the bimmercode app.
you simply plug that OBD link adapter into a port in the car and you can link the app to your car and change any code/settings. Theirs a plethora of youtube tutorials on how to change things and what you can do.
That's good. The only problem with the Bluetooth & WiFi adapter is that not all models can support everything that BC provides. Enet connection has no such restrictions. If it does what you want, fine.

The other advantage of Enet is that it will support programming via E-Sys connection from PC or laptop if you eventually want to go that route.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
You should be warned though, that it is possible to ‘brick‘ your car if you dive too deep in the Expert mode and put bad code in.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Agreed. One good reason to do only one documented thing at a time (basic or expert mode). Also do serious research and ask questions on the forums about how and what experienced people have done. Never try something just because it sounds useful/exciting/obvious!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts