Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I was wondering what kind of life people get out of their pads on track days? I've tried EBC yellow stuff and they've survived 2 track days (and a reasonable amount of daily use in between). DS2500's seemed to wear even faster...

What are your recommendations for track day pads? Is +/-2 track days about the max you will get out of pads? (obviously I expect it will vary to an extend depending on the track).

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
11,669 Posts
Hi everyone,

I was wondering what kind of life people get out of their pads on track days? I've tried EBC yellow stuff and they've survived 2 track days (and a reasonable amount of daily use in between). DS2500's seemed to wear even faster...

What are your recommendations for track day pads? Is +/-2 track days about the max you will get out of pads? (obviously I expect it will vary to an extend depending on the track).

Thanks in advance!
Carbotech xp8

Once up to speed/heat they have been heralded as the ultimate track pad. Not tried them myself (I have ds2500) but 2 track days on DS2500 does seem excessive.

As you’ve said already, highly dependent on lots of factors.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Carbotech xp8

Once up to speed/heat they have been heralded as the ultimate track pad. Not tried them myself (I have ds2500) but 2 track days on DS2500 does seem excessive.

As you’ve said already, highly dependent on lots of factors.

I think you can contact him directly through his website? Have a look at the link attached:

Carbotech Europe Ltd

A quick google shows this page up too:

https://www.rosssport.com/Brands/CARBOTECH

·
Registered
11,669 Posts
Any idea where I can buy them in the UK?
If you contact Ian @THETYRANT on here I’m sure he can sort you out.

If you can’t reach him pm me and I’ll call him for you and give him a nudge.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts