Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all, I've got an 09 plate 116d, and there's an annoying dent in the boot. I did it years ago but over time it's annoyed me and I want to fix it - it's right on the groove so would be very difficult to hide it with anything, and I think putting a sticker or something on the car would probably make it look naff anyway

I was quoted £280 to have the dent fixed but I'm sat here thinking that even with the dent removed the paint is still going to be messed up, and there must be a cheaper way of doing it

I've seen some boots on ebay for £50-£100 - has anybody swapped out a boot before, is it doable for someone like me who has terrible knowledge/experience with cars?

EDIT: Grammar

·
Registered
932 Posts
It depends on how bad the dent is. If the paint is badly damaged, say the basecoat has split then you will need to have it smart repaired. If the dent hasn't damaged the paintwork (including light scratches in the lacquer only) then you could look at a Paintless Dent Removal (PDR) repair. Both of these will not be too cheap and are comparable in terms of cost. I had these done on my cars in the past and they typically range between £150 and £300 for a small repair.

If you can find an exact matching boot lid and in good condition, that would definitely be an good option.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts