Baby BMW Forum banner

Berg's E87 130i

28K views 127 replies 22 participants last post by  Berg3.0 
#1 ·
Trying to make picture thread with my 130 from when i got it and till now.

I bought the 130 in March of 2015 with 85 K Km on it and good service history.
The car is Prod. Date 2006-01-26
Specs on the car:

Editions And Packages
P337A M Sports Package
S704A M Sports Suspension
S710A M Sports Steering Wheel Multifunction
S715A M Aerodynamics Package
P7AYA COMFORT PAKET IVM M SPORTPAKET
S339A ShadowLine

Comfort And Interior Equipment
S403A Glass Roof Electrical
S420A Sun Protection Glazing
S423A Floor Mats Velours
S428A Warning Triangle And First Aid Kit
S431A Interior Mirror With Automaticdip
S441A Smoker Package
S473A Armrest Front
S481A Sports Seat
S488A Lumbar Support Driver And Passenger
S493A Storage Compartment Package
S494A Seat Heating Driverpassenger
S4MGA INTERIEURLEISTEN ALU GLACIERSILBER
S411A Window Lifts electric front rear

Multimedia
S609A Navigation System Professional
S672A CD Changer For 6 CDs
S677A HiFi System Professional DSP
Added Bluetooth receiver for music streaming

Driver Assistance And Lightning
S502A Headlight Cleaning System
S507A PARK DISTANCE CONTROL PDC HINTEN
S521A Rain Sensor
S522A Xenon Light
S534A Automatic Air Conditioning
S540A Cruise Control
S563A Light Package
S520A Fog Lights
S548A Kilometercalibrated Speedometer

Wheels And Drive
S249A Multifunction F Steering Wheel
S2MGA M LM RAEDER DOPPELSP 207 M MISCHB

Environment And Safety
S302A Alarm System
S313A Foldin Outside Mirror
S320A Deleted Model Lettering
S358A Climate Comfort Windscreen
S863A Retailer Directory Europe
S879A Onboard Vehicle Literature German
S8SPA COP STEUERUNG
S321A Exterior Parts In Vehicle Color
S851A Language Version German

Individual Equipment
S775A Headlining Anthracite

Other Equipment
S1CAA SELEKTION COP RELEVANTER FAHRZEUGE
L801A National Version Germany

Some of the first pictures I have of the car.

Worst thing I noticed about the car from start was the stiff ride on the standard M-sport suspension with run flats, but with Eibach pro street coil overs

and numerous bushings changed to Powerflex, it drives more comfortable on the 19" BBS CH's than the standard setup.
Control arms on the front axel are changed to MEYLE HD reinforced ones and camber pin mod has been done.
M3 guide arms and wishbones rear.

Interior wise I have changed the seat cover on the bottom in the drivers side do too it being damaged in the wannabe leather part, and mounted some other parts like BMWP SSK and handbrake handle, RSW retrimmed steering wheel with BMWP Alcantara cover, Alcantara cluster cover.

LCI high black lines mounted
Before

After

BBS CH 8,5 et35 & 9,5 et40 19" refurbished in B55 met (ferric grey 2)
With rubber sizes 215/35 & 225/35 19"
Not to everyone's liking I know

Engine N52B30
Modded Air-box and ram intake tube,
Heat reflecting foil mounted for colder intake air.
Pipercross airfilter.
Ram air scoops witch are color matched to the performance brake calipers.
Super sprint cat Back exhaust.
Mishimoto intake tube.
Remap running 100 cctane and v-max delete.
Magnetic drain plug.

Results at the wheels on 100 octane, don't know what that results to in engine hp.

Gearbox mods.
CDV delete.
E46 M3 gearbox mount bushings.
BMWP SSK.
26Hz vibration absorber (398 g) part no. 25117560902.
Magnetic drain plug.
BMS clutch stop.

Pictures over time.

Therapy can be in washing a car.

Most recent pictures.

Sorry if the English isn't correct, I'm from Denmark and writing English isn't my strong side.

See less See more
#2 ·
Great looking 130i with the right mods done!!!

:thumbs:

you wrote this :

What did you do here exactly? you opened up the tube? and where did you put the foil?

Mark.

#3 ·
holland130i said:

you wrote this :

What did you do here exactly? you opened up the tube? and where did you put the foil?

Mark.

Part nr. 1 & 14 is covered with a heat reflecting Alu foil on the part pointing towards the engine and radiator and the same goes for the bottom and sides of the airfilter box that points towards engine and takes heat.
Hope it makes sense, don't know how else to explain it, don't even know if is has much, if any effect. But it doesn't hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 ·
Berg3.0 said:
holland130i said:

you wrote this :

Mark.

Part nr. 1 & 14 is covered with a heat reflecting Alu foil on the part pointing towards the engine and radiator and the same goes for the bottom and sides of the airfilter box that points towards engine and takes heat.
Hope it makes sense, don't know how else to explain it, don't even know if is has much, if any effect. But it doesn't hurt.

Ah ok.. well even if it only makes a tighny difference,probably to small to notice,its well worth the effort :D

Mark.

#7 ·
holland130i said:
Berg3.0 said:
holland130i said:

you wrote this :

Mark.

Ah ok.. well even if it only makes a tighny difference,probably to small to notice,its well worth the effort :D

Mark.
If it can change the intake air temp by just a couple of degrees on hot days by not absorbing all the engine heat I'll take it.
With the N52 it all the small stuff combined that gives it that little extra you can get in the top end, after all it's s just a NA engine and that sets it's limitations.

#8 ·
Berg3.0 said:
holland130i said:
Berg3.0 said:

Mark.
If it can change the intake air temp by just a couple of degrees on hot days by not absorbing all the engine heat I'll take it.
With the N52 it all the small stuff combined that gives it that little extra you can get in the top end, after all it's s just a NA engine and that sets it's limitations.

Yeah true that!! every little bit helps! :thumbs:

Mark.

#9 ·
A little update, removed the front bumper and took the bonnet apart today, almost ready to go to the painter for a respray.
BMW aerodynamic rear spoiler also waiting for some paint before getting mounted.

Rear diff got a cleanup and some fresh paint.

#12 ·
Car is put together again, just waiting on a new BMW emblem, and then a good wash/cleaning.

Aerodynamic spoiler mounted.

Engine covers are being color matched in body color and phoenix yellow like the brakes.

#18 ·
SamM140 said:
Berg3.0 said:
SamM140 said:
That looks stunning.

Those wheels look absolutely perfect on the car.
Thanks, that's the good thing about the BBS CH wheel they'll look good on any car.

I'm having serious thoughts about adding sone to my M140.
I can understand why ;-)
But I'm not sure they can be bought anymore, I only think it's the new version (the CH-R) you can get now.

#19 ·
Hi Berg,

Really like what you have done to the car, but what is the "26Hz vibration absorber (398 g) part no. 25117560902" for ? does it just add weight to the shifter, or does it serve another purpose.

I'm asking because my 130i has the performance knob, and doesn't give me any strange vibration in the shifter that I know of, but it might be a nice upgrade anyway.

#20 ·
CA_130 said:
Hi Berg,

Really like what you have done to the car, but what is the "26Hz vibration absorber (398 g) part no. 25117560902" for ? does it just add weight to the shifter, or does it serve another purpose.

I'm asking because my 130i has the performance knob, and doesn't give me any strange vibration in the shifter that I know of, but it might be a nice upgrade anyway.
It adds weight to the shifter, the performance shift knob isn't that heavy, and this was the easiest way to make it heavier for smother shifting.