Baby BMW Forum banner
81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Berg3.0 said:
I would say it wouldn't fit on the panel without the oem aerodynamic spoiler.
Bummer, but thank you.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Berg3.0 said:
Fog lights: Philips Extreme ultinon led H11 bulb.

Are you still happy with the Philips fog LED's? I'm thinking of getting some myself.

·
Registered
340 Posts
To get a proper fit for your wheels with forum acceptable tyres (🤣) what is required? I mean do you need your arches stretching or rolling up a load in order to make them fit or what? I'm only asking because I recently decided that I want some nice big BBS wheels like that and they look so good!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
M3AN.
I only use my fog lights at daytime running lights and curve light, if I was to buy some new LED bulbs today I would go with Ostam LEDrive gen2, but the Philips LED's aren't bad just don't like the external electronics on them.

Berg.

Sent from phone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
KAOS REAL said:
To get a proper fit for your wheels with forum acceptable tyres () what is required? I mean do you need your arches stretching or rolling up a load in order to make them fit or what? I'm only asking because I recently decided that I want some nice big BBS wheels like that and they look so good!
On forum acceptable tyres, I would say the e87/81 would need fender/arches stretched and som more camber depending on how low the car is.

Berg.

Sent from phone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
Haven't made much of an update to this tread in a long time, the 130 have been retired from everyday duty, which means it doesn't get driven as much as before, and not at all in the wintertime, but the days when I drive it, it's like falling in love with it for the first time again, it just makes the driving in the car so much more special.
For now the car is parked for the winter, and I can go check on it from time to time, charge the battery and do some small stuff to it if needed.

New binnacle by RSW installed, now I'm finally satisfied whit that, way better than the ones I did myself, and that's why RSW/Jack owns a company that makes this stuff and I don't

Sent from a place on Earth

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Berg3.0 said:
Haven't made much of an update to this tread in a long time, the 130 have been retired from everyday duty, which means it doesn't get driven as much as before, and not at all in the wintertime, but the days when I drive it, it's like falling in love with it for the first time again, it just makes the driving in the car so much more special.
Car is looking great as usual Berg. I haven't been driving my 130 much over summer as I have been working out the tuning on my 135i. The last week I have done plenty of moorland and coastal road miles, you forget how lovely a sorted 130 is to drive. It is the perfect amount of power to properly use on the road and have some fun without raising too many eyebrows. The N52 also sounds great where ever it is in the rev range.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
jonwilli said:
Berg3.0 said:
Car is looking great as usual Berg. I haven't been driving my 130 much over summer as I have been working out the tuning on my 135i. The last week I have done plenty of moorland and coastal road miles, you forget how lovely a sorted 130 is to drive. It is the perfect amount of power to properly use on the road and have some fun without raising too many eyebrows. The N52 also sounds great where ever it is in the rev range.
Thanks
You're sow right, it's not a uncontrollable car with the amount of horsepower it got, and with some suspension upgrades it drives like a little luxury go-cart, and it makes a pleasant noise from the N52 when pushing the go pedal
Almost make me feel like I'm 18 again (just with more driving experience).

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
jonwilli said:
Berg3.0 said:
I'd agree with that.

My previous M140i was **** loads faster but it was so effortless getting to well beyond three figures and it was only here that it was exciting. Obviously that's very illegal and not particularly clever. I've had far more fun in a car with usable power (it'll still get you in trouble but it's not quite so easy). I'm still amazed by how under rated they are. A Golf R32 commands serious cash but isn't as good.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
First Wash Of The Year!!!

Finally got around to setting the 130 free from winter storage, smiling from ear to , but dang it was dusty and in need of a shower .
Fluids checked

Just returned home after winter storage.

After Pre wash.

APW.

APW.

APW.

Soaped using 2 bucket 🪣 method.

Wash.

And all dried and ready to go for a drive.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
Supporting rings on the mirrors changed, the old ones weren’t that good anymore, the had begun to get discoloration’s.
Not much to do but change them for some new one’s.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 · (Edited)
They look ace! Are they easy to change? Have seen others report the rings can't be replaced separately to the mirror base/triangle bit...
They are really easy to change, start by taking of the mirror cap followed by the mirror glass, now you can access the adjusting motor, unscrew that (1 screw in the center) then click the motor free from the back (think it’s clicked in 4 places) when motor is removed the only thing left is to remove the supporting ring, it’s one screw and then just clicked on the mirror base. And then reverse the process to put it together.

Link to where the supporting rings are in real oem.

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Thanks! I'll swap mine over at some point. The rings on my retrofitted folding mirrors have a few scratches that the old mirrors didn't so that's a nice and easy way to sort it!

81 - 96 of 96 Posts