Baby BMW Forum banner
  • The monthly Photo Competition is back! Click HERE to enter
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi BMW Gurus

My M2C has an annoying loud beep when locking, and only when locking. I seem to have no way to switch this off. I've been through the codings and all I can find is the 'acoustical lock/unlock' setting which I believe is a quick horn burst when locking/unlocking. It's disabled anyway.

I've not had the car long and when I first got it, I was looking through the iDrive vehicle settings and thought I saw a setting for 'acoustical signal for lock/unlock'. This has since disappeared. I asked my mate who also has an M2C and he helpfully took a photo of his iDrive showing this very setting:

However, I'm not even sure this setting is what I want as it only beeps on locking, not unlocking. I live in a quiet road and this beep is annoying the p*ss out of me.

Anybody got a clue as to what this beep is and how I can shut it up?

·
Registered
2016 M240i
5,541 Posts
Hi BMW Gurus

My M2C has an annoying loud beep when locking, and only when locking. I seem to have no way to switch this off. I've been through the codings and all I can find is the 'acoustical lock/unlock' setting which I believe is a quick horn burst when locking/unlocking. It's disabled anyway.

I've not had the car long and when I first got it, I was looking through the iDrive vehicle settings and thought I saw a setting for 'acoustical signal for lock/unlock'. This has since disappeared. I asked my mate who also has an M2C and he helpfully took a photo of his iDrive showing this very setting:

However, I'm not even sure this setting is what I want as it only beeps on locking, not unlocking. I live in a quiet road and this beep is annoying the p*ss out of me.

Sounds like it’s been coded.

I have the same beep but on both lock & unlock and I did that via Bimmercode. It wasn’t available as stock.

·
Super Moderator
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Super Moderator
344 Posts
It is, as above, the acoustic lock confirmation.

I can only assume that someone coded it into your car which has been reversed with a software update at some point.
The option can be re-enabled by going into the 'headunit' ECU module in Bimmercode; it's the first menu option.

·
Super Moderator
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I have to re-enable it in coding to have it as a menu option to be able to disable it? OK, will give that a go. Still doesn't explain why it only beeps when locking.

·
Registered
2016 M240i
5,541 Posts
So I have to re-enable it in coding to have it as a menu option to be able to disable it? OK, will give that a go. Still doesn't explain why it only beeps when locking.
The menu item only shows up once it’s coded. Within the coding you can choose whether it’s on lock, unlock etc iirc.

·
Registered
11,669 Posts
The menu item only shows up once it’s coded. Within the coding you can choose whether it’s on lock, unlock etc iirc.
I can hazard a guess and say (as some have already) that it’s been coded (beep on and off). Many times peoples cars I had coded and also my old 125i would lose one or both of the beeps I had coded in.

If you bring your car to me I can access your FRM via Carly and then turn up the volume

* joking, bring it and I’ll sort it OT

·
Super Moderator
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the offer mate. I have the necessary tools, I just didn't realise that the option had to be coded to appear in the iDrive before I could disable it. Makes sense now that I think about it. When I get 5 mins, I'll code the option. I think the red herring was the fact that it's only emitting a single beep on lock and not when unlocking.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I recently coded this on in my car - otherwise I always forget whether I've locked it or not. Apparently it's not legal in the UK, which is why by default UK cars don't have the iDrive option.

I agree it's weird that it's not happening on both lock/unlock, as it did for me as soon as I coded and enabled the option

HU-NBT
-- 3000 HMI
--- ACOUSTICAL_LOCK_CONFIRM -> set to aktiv

This will enable the idrive option allowing you to turn it off.

·
Super Moderator
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks to all. I managed to find 5 minutes, coded the option to appear in the iDrive, then deselected it. No more beep on lock. No idea why it was only doing it on lock and not unlock as the option covers both but I'll take the win :cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts